Qorvo_Nearby_Interaction_3_1_0 example add to PA lna1 and lna2

How to add control PA code program base on Qorvo_Nearby_Interaction_3_1_0 example ?

I modified the following code怂
dw_conf.lnapamode = DWT_LNA_ENABLE | DWT_PA_ENABLEļ¼›

when connected with the mobile phone, the output is as follows, all wrong data.what can i doļ¼Ÿ

app: MessageId_configure_and_start uwb.
{ā€œBlockā€:0, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:1, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:2, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:3, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:4, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:5, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:6, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:7, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:8, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:9, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:10, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}
{ā€œBlockā€:11, ā€œresultsā€:[{ā€œAddrā€:ā€œ0x77feā€,ā€œStatusā€:ā€œErrā€}]}

Hi @zhiguo77 ,

I could not reproduce your issue with QM33120.
Can you tell which hardware are you using?

Hi wassimļ¼Œ
I am very glad that you can reply to my questions in time. Since I have designed the board now, there is a demand of 100k for this order. Now, due to this problem, it has been postponed. I really need your help.
The LAN and PA devices used in my hardware here are SW8112Q (the hardware schematic diagram is shown below).

Based Qorvo_Nearby_Interaction_3_1_0 exampleļ¼ŒSince my LAN/PA device here only has a single antenna, the code is modified as follows:
1.First
static const rf_tuning_t rf_tuning_config_flash_default =
{
.txConfig.PGdly = 0x34,
.txConfig.power = DEFAULT_TX_POWER_REGULAR_PULSE_AOA,
.txConfig.PGcount = 0,
.pdoaOffset_deg = DEFAULT_PDOAOFF,
.rngOffset_mm = DEFAULT_RNGOFF,
.antRx_a = (uint16_t)(0.5 * DEFAULT_ANTD),
.antTx_a = (uint16_t)(0.5 * DEFAULT_ANTD),
// .antRx_b = (uint16_t)(0.5 * DEFAULT_ANTD),
.antenna = { DEFAULT_ANTENNA_TYPE, DEFAULT_ANTENNA_TYPE,
ANT_TYPE_NONE, ANT_TYPE_NONE },
.xtalTrim = (DEFAULT_XTAL_TRIM),
.paverage = 10,

#if 1
//QM35725 specific
.tx_ant = 1, //select ANT1 as TX
.rxa_ant = 1,//3, //select ANT3 as RX, PATH A
// .rxb_ant = 1, //select ANT2 as, RX PATH B
.lna1 = 0, //BYPASS
// .lna2 = 1, //BYPASS
.pa = 0 //LOW PA
#endif
};

2.second
But it turns out it doesnā€™t work.

Hi wassimļ¼Œ

If I add the test carrier code based on this routine, the device will work fine with the LNA and PA devices, here is the picture of my test. Is there any solution to this problem? Your help is urgently needed.

Best wish
zhiguo77

Hi wassimļ¼Œ
Can you help solve it?Iā€™m anxiously waiting for a reply
Best wishļ¼Œ

Hi @zhiguo77 ,

I saw PA is working in the capture you shared above.
Can you explain more clearly, what did you change except dw_conf.lnapamode = DWT_LNA_ENABLE | DWT_PA_ENABLEļ¼›to make it work?

These are the PA and LNA we support normally.

Can you share the datasheet of the component you use for PA and LNA, so we can review your schematic?

Hi wassimļ¼Œ
I am very glad that you can reply to my questions in time. Based Qorvo_Nearby_Interaction_3_1_0 example the PA and LNA is not working.But base on other example(continuous wave mode ) is normally working.

Base Based Qorvo_Nearby_Interaction_3_1_0 example,I modified the code as followsļ¼š
1.First
static const rf_tuning_t rf_tuning_config_flash_default =
{
.txConfig.PGdly = 0x34,
.txConfig.power = DEFAULT_TX_POWER_REGULAR_PULSE_AOA,
.txConfig.PGcount = 0,
.pdoaOffset_deg = DEFAULT_PDOAOFF,
.rngOffset_mm = DEFAULT_RNGOFF,
.antRx_a = (uint16_t)(0.5 * DEFAULT_ANTD),
.antTx_a = (uint16_t)(0.5 * DEFAULT_ANTD),
// .antRx_b = (uint16_t)(0.5 * DEFAULT_ANTD),
.antenna = { DEFAULT_ANTENNA_TYPE, DEFAULT_ANTENNA_TYPE,
ANT_TYPE_NONE, ANT_TYPE_NONE },
.xtalTrim = (DEFAULT_XTAL_TRIM),
.paverage = 10,

#if 1
//QM35725 specific
.tx_ant = 1, //select ANT1 as TX
.rxa_ant = 1,//3, //select ANT3 as RX, PATH A
// .rxb_ant = 1, //select ANT2 as, RX PATH B
.lna1 = 0, //BYPASS
// .lna2 = 1, //BYPASS
.pa = 0 //LOW PA
#endif
};

2.second
But it turns out it doesnā€™t work.

Hi wassimļ¼Œ
SW8112Q datasheet
DS_SW8112Q_EN_V1.3.pdf (507.2 KB)
Best wish
zhiguo77

Hi @zhiguo77 ,

I tested with QNI_3_10 on QM33120, and I could not observe your issue.
I can see EXTTXE and EXTRXE toggling when there is transmission/reception.
Can you attach a SALEAE to your EXTTXE and EXTRXE and obeserve these gpios without modifying anything in the code.

1 Like

Hi wassimļ¼Œ
Thank you very much for your reply.I have some questionļ¼š
1.Can you use PA and LNA directly without modifying the code based on the sdk?
2.QM33120 is Qorvo QM33120DK?QM33120DK board have PA and LNA?
3.Do you have any problems with the PA devices datasheetļ¼ˆSW8112Qļ¼‰ I provided ?

Hi @zhiguo77 ,

1/ We only need this change to use PA and LNA dw_conf.lnapamode = DWT_LNA_ENABLE | DWT_PA_ENABLEļ¼›

2/ No it does not have PA and LNA. But We recommend QM14070 for PA and QM14068 for LNA.

@Emre_Ozbas_Qorvo , can you please answer on question 3.

1 Like

Hi wassimļ¼Œ
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, and I am very sorry for taking up your time. I did see the control waveform the way you gave me,However, I encountered a strange phenomenon: After the device is modified to the mode of LNA and PA, it can interact with the iPhone 15 normally. Abnormal interaction with the iPhone 12.
I have a few questions:
1.What is the normal standard for a device to interact with IOS mobile uwb?
2. What is the standard signal range of my uwb device? What is the best test method?

EXTTXE and EXTRXE toggling when there is transmission/reception picture.

Best wishļ¼Œ
zhiguo77

Hi @zhiguo77 ,

Great, what youā€™re showing here is not a succesfull ranging sequence.
Here, the device started transmitting but then did not receive any uwb frame from iPhone.
Can you tell me which application on iOs youā€™re using?
Can you test with QorvoNIBackground application?

Hi @zhiguo77 ,

I had a quick look at your schematics and the datasheet of FEM IC.
It seems like your schematic is fine. My only concern is the current consumption of GPIO pins.
EN supply current is specified as 1.2mA in the SW8112Qā€™s datasheet but DW3000ā€™s GPIO pins can only supply max. 0.8mA. This may work in your case but it is not ideal usage of GPIO pins and can harm the IC.

Other than that, I wasnā€™t aware of the existence of the SW8112Q component. Is this a customer-specific component designed for your needs or is it available on the market?

Hi wassimļ¼Œ
I test with Qorvo Nearby Interaction Application .test with QorvoNIBackground application can normally be done at a distance of 12 iPhone.What causes this?Is it necessary to adjust the UWB3000 RF parameters?

Hi Emre_Ozbas_Qorvoļ¼Œ
Thank you for your feedback on this important information, I can buy the SW8112Q component in the Chinese marke.
If I use dwm3000 to design a circuit, and the board application is Qorvo_Nearby_Interaction, how should I test and verify the performance indicators of UWB3000? Antenna delay calibration?

Hi @zhiguo77 ,

I would test the receiver sensitivity if you can connect a coaxial cable to your application by enabling LNA and disabling it. There should be a significant difference between them when you turn on the LNA. If you cannot connect a coaxial cable, try to perform a maximum ranging test for two different configurations of the LNA.

To check the PA functionality, you have already tested that with a CW signal and observed a 15 dB gain. Again to check the functionality of this, you can perform a maximum range test by enabling and disabling the PA at the same TX power setting. If there is a 15 dB gain, there should be approximately 5.5 times more range you will get.

Hi Emre_Ozbas_Qorvoļ¼Œ
Thanks for Qorvo engineer supportļ¼ŒMy tests have found a strange phenomenon, but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a problem,Here are three picturesļ¼ŒAbout the test EXTTXE pin togglingļ¼š

ļ¼ˆ1ļ¼‰Is this an abnormal EXTTXE toggling waveform?

Zoom in to show the imageļ¼š

ļ¼ˆ2ļ¼‰Is this a working waveform?Has it always been this waveform?

Best wishļ¼Œ
zhiguo77

Hi @zhiguo77 ,

No itā€™s not about adjusting the RF parameters.
Itā€™s working with iPhone12 using Background application, because Background application do not enable/use PdoA.
So you can have rangingworking on iPhone12.