Measuring current compsumption on EVK1000

Hello, i want to measure current consumption on EVK1000 board. I have oscillo and 0.62Ohm Res. As understant from manual “5.4Evaluating DW1000 power consumption” i need to put off J10 from board and connect R as a shunt than to measure a Voltage on this res. Am i right? How to do it in right way?

Yep,
That’s right . If you know the R and the V then you could calculate the current.
I know you’re interested in the power consumption figures, but are you aware of us having a power calculator?
Depending on the channel, radio config, frequency it tells you how much current will be used.
The power calculator can be found on our website --> Application notes—> Power management
Regards
/leo

problem is that i have the “same” current for Tx and for Rx, for Tx its larger than by DS, i have around 112mA Tx and 125ma for RX (config for Voltage is 1,8), i dont do any actions with txconfig.
Setup is
5, /* Channel number. /
DWT_PRF_64M, /
Pulse repetition frequency. /
DWT_PLEN_128, /
Preamble length. Used in TX only. /
DWT_PAC8, /
Preamble acquisition chunk size. Used in RX only. /
9, /
TX preamble code. Used in TX only. /
9, /
RX preamble code. Used in RX only. /
0, /
0 to use standard SFD, 1 to use non-standard SFD. /
DWT_BR_6M8, /
Data rate. /
DWT_PHRMODE_STD, /
PHY header mode. /
(128 + 1 + 8 - 8) /
SFD timeout (preamble length + 1 + SFD length - PAC size). Used in RX only. */

Hi,
Could I ask you what software you’re using. Eg is the device in a permanent sleep or deep-sleep mode or in any of the other states the device could be in when doing the measurements?

I send you the EVB schematic , but also have a look at APS022 chapter 5.6 on TWR current profile.

Kind Regards
/leo EVB1000_schematic_0.04.pdf.pdf (445.3 KB)
APS022_Debugging_DW1000_based_products_systems_v1.3.pdf (721.0 KB)