Getting data from anchor

Hi,
I am working on forklift tracking solution for warehouse. I am using DWM1000C module and TWR scheme for this.
I want to obtain data of tag from anchor itself. Is it possible with this module and TWR scheme?
Or do i need to switch on any other module and scheme?
Also is it possible to use TDOA scheme on DWM100C module?
If it possible then how?
Thanks
Akansha

Hi Akansha,

Are you using PANS software ?

Yves

Hi,
Thanks for early reply!
Yes i am using PANS firmware version 2.
Regards
Akansha

Ok then PANS is a RTLS library provided by decawave for DWM1001 that is based on TWR measurement methods.

Within a PANS system, the anchors are not aware of the tag position. The position can be retrieve only from the tag, from a passive device (anchor or tag) or from a gateway.

Note that you could develop a custom TWR RTLS system with which the anchors would be aware of the tag position.

It requires extensive software effort to develop a full RTLS system such as PANS, but it is doable.

In theory, TDoA could run on DWM1001 but Decawave does not provide a software stack for this platform.

Please note decawave has a TDoA system available for sale, if you are interested, please contact decawave’s sales department.

Thank you,
Yves

Thanks for this descriptive reply!
One more query i have that - Is there any firmware supporting TDoA as available for TWR?
Regards
Akansha

Hi Akansha,

Do you mean openly available ?

Yves

Hi,
Yes i mean as there is firmware image for TWR measurement. Is there any factory firmware image supports TDoA measurements?
As module DWM1004C and DWM1000 supports both TDoA and TWR, Does both module comes with pre loaded firmware image supports TDoA?
Regards
Akansha

Hi Akansha,

On our website, you can find TDoA blink software for both DWM1001 and DWM1004.

Please note these firmware are performing blink only, so suit for a Tag only.

The complexity of a TDoA solution is mainly within its anchors and the synchronization between anchors. Decawave does not provide an open solution for TDoA anchor. We have a stack with dedicated hardware called TTK1000 as mentioned previously. If you are interested in this stack you may contact Decawave sales department.

Yves

Hi,
Thanks for reply!
I didn’t get any details about TTK1000 from Decawave main page.
Can you provide any manual of that product?
Regards
Akansha

Hi have a look at that :

Yves

Thanks for your replies!
Regards
Akansha