Will multi several Qorvo DWM3000EVB be interacted with an iphone11 SIMULTANEOUSLY?

i want to test my iphone11 to interact or getting distance from each of several DWM3000EVB (maybe 6 of DWM3000EVB ) simultaneously , regarding to the nearby interaction framework at 19:43 Explore Nearby Interaction with third-party accessories - WWDC21 - Videos - Apple Developer , but Apple said depending on hardware feature

so for the DWM3000EVB , can iphone11 interact to several Qorvo DWM3000EVB simultaneously ? :thinking:

** PLEASE QORVO AND DECAWAVE LET ME KNOW :pray: :pleading_face:**

Just saw this, and most likely you already have solved this? As far as I know Nearby Interaction so far creates unicast TWR one per each accessory. So you need to change the iOS side to discover multiple accessories over BLE, and then create a unicast session per each. If accessory declare itself as a “responder”, then perhaps iphone can manage multiple sessions.
Above are assumptions, I personally did not try that…

1 Like

in contrast , ** Will single or one Qorvo DWM3000EVB ** be able to interact with multi several iphones 11 SIMULTANEOUSLY ?? :thinking:
i never found it even in nearby interaction framework video in wwdc 2021

1 Like

i am wondering :thinking: Will single or one Qorvo DWM3000EVB ** be able to interact with multi several iphones 11 SIMULTANEOUSLY ?? :thinking:
i never found it even in nearby interaction framework video, documentation in wwdc 2021

1 Like

thanks ,I have not solve it yet ! , i will try it
after reading this article and this thread , I also have the doubt when reading Andrew 's question as he asked →

Will single or one Qorvo DWM3000EVB ** be able to interact with multi several iphones 11 SIMULTANEOUSLY ??
how to do that ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_monocle:

I am not sure, in DW original example it is only 1 session activated. What is the value for this?

1 Like

Thanks :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: ,however ,let see my 2 questions below in order to see its value as your ** Question above** → however , i am not sure :face_with_raised_eyebrow: am i understanding multiple ranging techniques correctly or not ? however let see them below

In case of scenario as attach figure below–> if there are several (5) of u1 equipped iPhone has been grouped together , 5 of DWM3000EVB has been located around 5 iPhones as figure below

Question number 1.) → yes, :+1: as your answer above , 5 of DWM3000EVB simultaneously start interacting / ranging to the red color iPhone number 1 as your answer in this article / thread , but only Simultaneous interacting / ranging to only specific single / one red iPhone no 1 , right , however there are still remain of 4 iPhones ( no. 2 - no.5 ) Need to be interacting / ranging to 5 DWM3000EVB , right ? :thinking:

Question number 2. ) → regarding to my Question number 1.) above → there are still remain of 4 iPhones ( no. 2 - no.5 ) Need to be interaction / ranging to 5 DWM3000EVB , how to do ? because right now during DWM3000EVB simultaneously start interacting / ranging to the red color iPhone number 1 , as the same time , the rest of 4 iPhone (no.2 - no.5 ) need to be interacting / ranging to the same 5 of DWM3000EVB which have been interacting / ranging to red color iPhone no.1 simultaneously ,too , so how the same 5 of DWM3000EVB will be able to interacted or ranged to the rest of 4 iPhones ( no.2 - no.5 ) SIMULTANEOUSLY during have been ranging / interacting to red color iPhones no.1 ?? :thinking:

Thanks :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: ,however ,let see my 2 questions below in order to see its value as your ** Question above** → however , i am not sure :face_with_raised_eyebrow: am i understanding multiple ranging techniques correctly or not ? however let see them below

In case of scenario as attach figure below–> if there are several (5) of u1 equipped iPhone has been grouped together , 5 of DWM3000EVB has been located around 5 iPhones as figure below

Question number 1.) → yes, :+1: as your answer above , 5 of DWM3000EVB simultaneously start interacting / ranging to the red color iPhone number 1 as your answer in this article / thread , but only Simultaneous interacting / ranging to only specific single / one red iPhone no 1 , right , however there are still remain of 4 iPhones ( no. 2 - no.5 ) Need to be interacting / ranging to 5 DWM3000EVB , right ? :thinking:

Question number 2. ) → regarding to my Question number 1.) above → there are still remain of 4 iPhones ( no. 2 - no.5 ) Need to be interaction / ranging to 5 DWM3000EVB , how to do ? because right now during DWM3000EVB simultaneously start the interaction / range to the red color iPhone number 1 , **as the same time , the rest of 4 iPhone (no.2 - no.5 ) need to be interacting / ranging to the same 5 of DWM3000EVB which have been interacting / ranging to red color iPhone no.1 simultaneously ,too , so how the same 5 of DWM3000EVB will be able to interacted or ranged to the rest of 4 iPhones ( no.2 - no.5 ) SIMULTANEOUSLY during have been ranging / interacting to red color iPhones no.1 ?? ** :thinking:

Interested in this too. I am a newbie. What tools do I need. Is there some demo code?

Hi saleem,

I sent you the link to the demo code in the thread that you posted.

Yes thanks. I posted some follow up questions.

i am not quite clear about the way to exchange the configuration data between iPhone11 and DWM3000EVB during test ranging

since i known , the bluetooth is the way to exchange both devices configuration before start TWR of UWB ranging , yes both devices has bluetooth , DWM3000EVB that attach nRF52840DK that deploy the bluetooth from nRF52840DK to exchange configuration data between bluetooth iPhone11

i saw the iPhone 11 's bluetooth prompts the interface to ask the user 's permission because the accessories DWM3000EVB+ nRF52840DK needs to exchange with bluetooth of iPhone11

my 3 questions below–>
as the the screenshot of iPhone 11 's attach image below

**1. the connection that bluetooth of iPhone 11 connect to bluetooth of nRF52840DK +(DWM3000EVB). → pair or not pair ? **
2. what is the type of the bluetooth connection between both devices ?? if pairing , is the pairing as the pair connection as the same way the bluetooth 's iPhone ’ pair ’ with the bluetooth of the car 's stereo/ radio ?? right ?
3. does the bluetooth of iPhone11–> ’ pair ’ with the bluetooth of the accessories {nRF52840DK +(DWM3000EVB) } ??

This is where I am stuck, did you have any luck with this?

Hi @Wassim_Qorvo,
were you able to use multiple DWM3000EVB boards with the same iPhone and get distance measurements on multiple NI sessions simultaneously?
On my end right now the iPhone can discover and connect to multiple boards, exchange session tokens, and start the sessions, but I get distance measurements only on one of these sessions (all the boards start blinking green, but only the responding one starts blinking red and green at the same time). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @MCMau81 ,

What iOs application are you using?

You can install the “Qorvo Nearby Interaction” on the Appstore.
And then, the application should work with multiple Qorvo UWB accessories.

1 Like

Hello @Wassim_Qorvo
Thank you! Yes, it works with multiple accessories. I did not know there was a new app available on the App store. Can the source code of the new app be downloaded anywhere? Thanks again!

Hi @MCMau81 ,

Unfortunately, the source code of the new app is not available.

I’m not sure if you know this already, but you can get the source code of the original app from Apple here Implementing Spatial Interactions with Third-Party Accessories | Apple Developer Documentation