UWB solution on iPhone

Hey,
We are working on an hardware UWB solution that have to connect to iPhone. We have most of things figured out but we’ve been stuck with “UWBConfigData”.
We are not able to find what values are inside of UWBConfigData and how to generate it. (apple nearby interaction does not explain that in details)
Does anyone know that or can point to a place where it’s described?

1 Like

Hi, kdomb!

This is something done internally by the niq library, so the data in UWBConfigData is not detailed.
However, you don’t need it to proceed, you should use niq_populate_accessory_uwb_config_data() to generate the UWBConfigData as part of AccessoryConfigurationData.
You can see how this is done in ble.c→send_accessory_config_data()

Please let me know if it worked!
Best regards!

1 Like

hello :slight_smile:
regarding to niq.h file , where can i find out the documentation of the definition of “Multi_Node_Mode” or some variables 's definition as the attach image below ?

Ashampoo_Snap_2022.01.21_00h08m07s_002_

Hi, Andrew!

As part of FiRa you can check the links below, but the documents should be available for FiRa members only:

If you want to check possible values, which might help you understand the parameters, have a look at:
/Libs/uwbstack_lib/helpers/include/fira_region_params.h
There, you will find enums for each parameter. For “Multi_Node_Mode” as an example:

enum fira_multi_node_mode {
	FIRA_MULTI_NODE_MODE_UNICAST,
	FIRA_MULTI_NODE_MODE_ONE_TO_MANY,
	FIRA_MULTI_NODE_MODE_MANY_TO_MANY,
};

Hope this helps you!
Best regards!

1 Like

very thanks :slight_smile: i found it

found

however i am not quite clear off about the meaning of the definition of
FIRA_MULTI_NODE_MODE_UNICAST,
FIRA_MULTI_NODE_MODE_ONE_TO_MANY,
FIRA_MULTI_NODE_MODE_MANY_TO_MANY

i just want to read the meaning or the use of each stuffs
regarding to your answer → the documents should be available for FiRa members only:
so ,maybe i could not access to each of their meaning

so, i have 6 questions to ask you

question 1 → the node should be the anchor or tag ,so 1 of node can bean an iPhone or 1 of DWM3000EVB . , am i understanding or guessing correctly ?

question 2 → FIRA_MULTI_NODE_MODE_ONE_TO_MANY , it should be somethings as 1 of iPhone interacts or ranges to many DWM3000EVB , am i understanding or guessing correctly ?

question 3 → FIRA_MULTI_NODE_MODE_MANY_TO_MANY , it should be somethings as many of iPhones interact or range to many DWM3000EVB , am i understanding or guessing correctly ?

question 4 → what is the → FIRA_MULTI_NODE_MODE_UNICAST ?

question 5 -->as you said all 4 questions , only the fira member , will be able to read the meaning , am i understanding or guessing correctly ?

question 6 → i saw the form to apply the fira membership , will it be possible to apply the application form of fira membership as no charge → Affiliate Member in order to read or access the meaning of the stuffs on the fira_region_params.h or other files from the download source code from Qorvo ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes