User c code upload

How can I load the customization code I wrote for the DW1000 module without the PANS library and run both? When I upload the code I wrote, PANS is deleted. API Guide says user can write additional c code and use it in module. I have uploaded the user c code according to the document many times, but this time PANS does not work on the device.

Hi @ramazan
you are allowed to write a small user code on the top of the PANS library. You need to follow the DWM1001-Firmware-User-Guide.pdf and DWM1001-API-Guide.pdf + the code examples. YOU can find it here: https://www.qorvo.com/products/d/da008479

Cheers
JK

Hello, can I make Gateway for DWM1001 with ESP8226 without Raspberry pi

Hi @ramazan
this tak si very complex and Im not sure if it is doable at all.

Do you need IoT data?

Cheers
JK

I don’t want to use Rasberry PI.
Configuring anchors and tags using ESP32 from Bridge node with SPI TLV API as seen in the picture,
situation,
I want to send location data. Again with ESP32 I want to send some data from bridge node to tags. (such as buzzer, motor, relay enable/disable). Is it possible

Hi @ramazan
there is no port of gateway for ESP like devices. There is only RPi gateway for PANS.

With the regards of TLV SPI - this is documented in the API document DWM1001-API-Guide.pdf - 5.4 Backhaul API functions so you can implement your own code to work with bridge node. However this task is very complex and it need precise timings. There will be vey limited support from our side.

Cheers
JK

hello, I want to access Raspberry pi from my windows computer with Terre Term in TCP/IP option. But it wants user name and passphrase. As it is written in the use firmware manual, I enter user name “pi” and paralo “raspberry”, but the error below keeps coming up and unfortunately I could not connect. Can you help me.

I’m making a correction. I used the DWM1001_Gateway_Quick_Deployment_Guide document.

Moving this to the Ultra-Wideband category…

Hello @leapslabs,
If I only need location data, can I send location data from a tag to an anchor on the same network without raspberry pi?

Hi @fuad
unfortunately that is not possible. But location data could be collected via Listener function.

Cheers
JK

Hello @leapslabs. Thank you for your reply!

After looking more into what you refer to as listener mode, I am seeing some opportunities. Correct me if I am wrong about any of my statements below:

1. The node must be at passive mode to activate listener function.
  2. The “les” command on UART shell mode can be used to collect location data from passive AN and BN.
  3. Raspberry pi is not required to make PANS fw enter UART shell mode therefore I can collect tag locations with any host mcu connected to AN or BN via UART using the “les” shell command.

Hi @fuad
ad 1) Ye, AN or TN configuration (not BN)
ad 2) Yes, but it collects data directly form the TN (it is just listening)
ad 3) No it is not needed.

Cheers
JK

Thank you for your clarification.
It is very useful for narrowing down what’s possible.
Best regards.