Uart command equivalent or close to LEC command

In shell mode there are a few commands for printing out tags location data like LEC. I’ve used this successfully with a listener to see where my tags are. What is the equivalent command in UART mode so I can access it directly from my host processor?

thank you.

Hi @esteimle
please see chapter 5.3.10 dwm_loc_get in the DWM1001-API-Guide.pdf - You can download it here: https://www.decawave.com/1001-license/

Cheers
JK

Thank you I’ve read this section of the guide and even started implementing this command. It’s not clear from the guide or source that I’ve been reading how this works for a listener though. Most places talk about getting the location of the tag you are connected to. And this command in section 5.3.10 specifically says it is for getting the location of anchor tags.

If I have twenty tags for example. And I run dwm_loc_get on the listener tag. Is this command going to return the location of all twenty tags at once? What do those return values look like? Do I have to call it repeatedly until I get all of them or does it output one after the other?

Just to add some more details. First I setup four anchor tags, a listener, and a tag using the Android apk. I can see the Tag’s location on the screen. If I use the interactive serial terminal and enter the lec command it starts streaming me out the tag’s position.

If I use the direct serial interface dwm_loc_get on the listener, I always get the same 21 byte response

0x40 0x01 0x00 0x41 0x0d 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x49 0x01 0x00

This looks like no-distance which I’m guessing is what the listener would report for its own position.

Thank you.

Hi @esteimle
you didn’t mention that you need it for listener. Sorry for listener there is no API alternative, only the shell output.

The listener is remnant from the first PANS release and in the current PANS release it is designed to use bridge for UWB network data gathering. However listener can be also used but its functionality is limited.

Cheers JK