HPsec
September 28, 2026, 4:54pm
1
Hi,
I am trying to simulate a -12V MC34063 inverter circuit in QSPICE using a MC34063 model I found online and values calculated via an online MC34063 calculator.
However, I get a fatal error, Fatal error: Timestep too small(1.25e-19) at t=0
Is there an obvious error that I am not seeing?
QSPICE Schematic File:
“New Users cannot upload files”
Online MC34063 Calculator Values:
Vin 12 V
Vout -12 V
Iout 140 mA
Vripple 150 mV(pp)
Fmin 45 kHz
Ct = 471 pF
Ipk = 596 mA
Rsc = 0.504 Ohm
Lmin = 217 µH
Co = 99 µF
R1 = 1.5k
R2 = 13k (12.08V)
MC34063 model:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/simulate-mc34063-on-ltspice/?action=dlattach;attach=38507
Reference this thread for potential insight:
@awais.muhammadi Well, this is not the first time I have seen Qspice have a hard time resolving an Infineon model. Infineon describes a MOSFET with many equations, making it hard to figure out what is causing the challenge. Maybe you can copy the netlist and model file to Mike for review, provided this model can run in LTspice. I am just not sure how Mike feels about this kind of model. Even if LTspice can run this netlist, it may encounter issues if the circuit is set up another way.
I modifie…
The subckt you quote is from Onsemi website : MC34063A , but its contain unknown SPICE syntax.
LTwiki with a functional MC33063A simulation package (Simulating the MC34063 in Inverter Configuration with an Accurate TL431A Model - LTwiki-Wiki for LTspice ), but it contains LTspice A-device, which requires to modify and make it work in Qspice.
Two Qspice examples are upload, search these filenames in the Github link :
Onsemi.MC33063A.15V_3V3.qsch | Onsemi.MC33063A.Floating GND Test.qsch
QSpice-Circuits/Qspice-examples: Qspice circuit examples
Here is a screenshot for Onsemi.MC33063A.15V_3V3.qsch