Transmit data via UWB/IR

Hi all,

I purchased two DWM3001CDKs in hope to transmit data via UWB/Impulse Radio. One of the boards should act as the transmitter while the other is a receiver. Now, I have checked the SDK folders and peripheral examples etc. However, I have not found a way to transmit via the UWB antenna on the UWB chip which can be addressed via SPI from the Nordic MCU (due to the datasheet). As far as I am concerned, the examples given in the examples folders are using only the Bluetooth antenna on the MCU.

Has anyone tried data transmission via the UWB chip yet and could offer me some guidance on where to look into in the code?

I would be thankful for any kind of help!

Kind regards!

I had to check that it wasn’t still April 1st.

Search the forum, there are years worth of examples of people using the UWB chip, that’s the whole point of the module. There are lots of UWB examples, any example that is making a range measurement is using the UWB radio.

There may not be any examples of using the UWB chip for bulk data transfer, bluetooth is far better for that, why would someone create an example of how the system isn’t intended to be used? The UWB is intended for measuring ranges so that’s what the examples show.
However the range measurement process requires the exchange of UWB packets that contain some timing related data. As long as you don’t go over the maximum size UWB packet there is no reason why you can’t increase the size of these packets and include additional data.

Hi @esther,

It is possible to use UWB radio as a data link but we don’t have any example code for that yet.

What kind of application do you have in your mind to do data transmission via UWB?

Kind regards,
Emre