Source Code for DWM1001Factory Firmware

Is the source code for the DWM1001 Factory Firmware available? I know there are source files in the ‘examples’ folder of the on-board package, but it’s unclear if any of those are the source code for the factory image.

Thanks!

Hi James,

Decawave does not provide source code for the Pans library.

The c files in example can be used to customize the firmware, by adding custom functionalities in the user space. Maybe take a look at the firmware user guide.

Thanks
Yves

Hi Yves,
If I am reading correctly, I believe that James is not asking for the source code of the PANS file.

He is instead asking which of the example projects, after being compiled and bundled with the appropriate binaries as in section 4.2.2.2 of the DWM1001 Firmware User Guide, would produce the same functionality of the Factory Image.

Regards,
Ryan

Yes, Ryan, that is what I’m asking.

My goal is to add just a tiny bit of functionality to the existing Factory Image, and would rather not re-write the entire thing if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

Hi James,

All the “on-board packages” are built on top of the PANS library.
The dwm-simple example is basically running the factory image, just with some additional tests and prints (also make sure you de-comment the line to compile BLE if you need it)

It is available in: “DWM1001, DW10001-DEV and MDEK1001 Documents, Source Code, Android Application & Firmware Image” at https://www.decawave.com/product/dwm1001-development-board/
In the directory: DWM1001\Source_Code\DWM1001_on_board_package\DWM1001_on_board_package_R2.0.zip\dwm\examples\dwm-simple
François

5 Likes