Share two network

I have installed 16 anchor in a 80m x 60m warehouse, but in some places I lose the position of the tags due to the height of the pallets. Is it possible to configure 2 networks with 16 anchor each and that can coexist in the same space/warehouse? If possible, it would solve the positioning problems and the tags, as they do not filter through networks, could triangulate over anchor of one or another network.

Thank in advance

Hello Jorge,

The release one does not support network coexistence. Effectively in release 1, there always is only one network.

If you deploy two network in the same area, it does not double the amount of tag or anchors than can be supported. Indeed, the network will “share” the air and the physical resource.

In theory, you should be able to have more than 16 anchors as the anchor seats can be reused. The rule to respect is that no anchors in the network should be able to see two anchors at the same seat, but this should be achievable in your case if you have poor LOS conditions due to pallets.

Please have a look at the system overview, sections 7

https://www.decawave.com/sites/default/files/dwm1001_system_overview.pdf

Thank you,
Regards
Yves

[color=#222222][size=medium][font=arial,sans-serif]Thank you Ives for the answer.[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#222222][size=medium][font=arial,sans-serif]I understand the principle that one anchor could not see two others with the same seat but the question was more focused on whether this is restrictive to the same network or if it was independent of what network it was associated with.[/font][/size][/color] In my case, a[color=#222222][size=medium][font=arial,sans-serif]ll anchor are installed on the roof of the warehouse so there is no interference between them.[/font][/size][/color] [color=#222222][size=medium][font=arial,sans-serif]The problem is that the tags move at floor level and in that condition they have interferences.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#222222][size=medium][font=arial,sans-serif]Thank you[/font][/size][/color]

Hi Jorge,

Two network will share the same “physical space” when coexisting. So basically it will be 16 anchor seats shared between two networks and not 16 each. In order to share seat, the rule will have to be respected independently of the number of networks.

What do you exactly mean by interference ?

Thank you,
Regards
Yves

[color=#222222][size=medium][font=arial,sans-serif]By interference I mean that in some cases there is no line of sight between anchor and tag. Since there are 4 m high pallets with bottles full of liquid.[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#222222][size=medium][font=arial,sans-serif]By the way, I have 2 anchor that has -1 as number of seats. What does it mean?[/font][/size][/color]

If anchor has -1 as its seat then it is not part of the network, it has not joined the network and tags will not be able to range with it.

Either the network is full (no seats left) or it is out of range of other anchors.

Thank for your answer. In my case there are only 16 anchor and all are in the same network distributed in a square (50 x 50 meters). I take off the anchor from [color=#111111][size=small][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]the network [/font][/size][/color]and enroll again but they still have seat -1