sequental REGS read over SPI

[color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi All![/font][/size][/color]

[color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is it possible to read several DW1000 regs sequentially as sometimes we can from other SPI or I2C enabled devices?[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stan[/font][/size][/color]

I seem to remember that if the next register’s address is contiguously located after the previous register’s last byte then, yes, you can continue reading.

Hi Mark!

Yes, it works, although the sequence of registers is not that convenient for my purposes, so I have to commit two DMA reads in sequence instead of one.

But its better than nothing )

Stan

Hi guys,

yes this is true for some registers but not for all, thus it is better to follow the UM reg definitions. E.g. although 0x10 follows 0xF register, you cannot read first byte of 0x10 by reading extra byte (byte 6) from register 0xF.

Z

Hi Zoran!

I’ve implemented two async (DMA) reads, first starts from 0x10 and expands further onto 0x11 (rx buf) and second - from 0x12 down to 0x15 (timestamp). I don’t need the whole 1k RX buffer, so two reads have saved something… Both seems to complete and provide valid data (compared to ordinary dwt_xxxxx… reads). Do you think 0xF -> 0x10 won’t work?
Or do you mean its not guaranteed?

Stan

Zoran, it looks like you was right :\

I got trouble with readings of first octet of RX buffer in such a sequential read…
Long story why I didn’t notice it initially, but yes, the practice seems to be dangerous… pity…

Stan