Send data from Anchor to Gateway on PANS

Hi everyone.

I am starting a RTLS project and planning to use the DWM1001 module with PANS stack. I would like to know if it is possible to send a custom data through UWB from anchor to gateway.

The ideia is to read a value from external SPI/I2C chip and send it to the gateway to send it to a server. I am going to develop a custom gateway, using a MCU instead of the RPI (e.g. ESP32).

In the System Overview doc, there is an IOT data message to send custom data to/from anchor/tag to/from routing anchor. This routing anchor is the gateway? Or something else, like Initiator?

Thanks

Hi @Arnhold
Regarding you question: It is possible to send data from nodes (TN or AN) to the gateway (DWM1001-DEV with RPI).

However there is a very limited support for developing your own RPi replacement. But look after dwm_backhaul_xfer function in the documentation.

Cheers,
JK

1 Like

Thank you JK.

For some reason I thought that the RPI source code was available. I will take a look in that function.
Analisyng the schematics of DWM1001-DEV, the communication with the RPI is through SPI. Probably, everything that RPI do I can do in another MCU using the SPI, or not?

Thanks
Arnhold

Hi @Arnhold
unfortunately the RPi code is not public.

Yes the backhaul can be implemented in another MCU but it is a quite hard stuff to implement and as I mentioned before there is a very limited support with this. Check the API documentation first.

Cheers,
JK

1 Like