Save the MQTT message

Hi, im using the Gateway, I want to know if i can save the values received in the MQTT in a .txt file (or log file ?) to see the values later.

Did you try a MQTT client? I used MQTT.fx to verify values sent by Gateway.

I’m not sure if it has any feature to save results. My gateway is off now to test it.

Good luck

hi programonauta,
yes im using MQTT.fx but im in the same situation, i dont know how save the results to see later.

1 Like

i suggess to subscribe to the mqtt broker as a client and save data to a database (sql or no sql) ur choice i have tried this and it works fine .
u have to write a node js script for a server to read from mqtt and send to database see tutorials on the net .

1 Like

Hi Franco,

see this related post:

Cheers,
TDK

2 Likes

I see that you are using MQTT.fx successfully…
I am on the other hand is stuck on that for several days…
Asked it in a question, but nobody responded…

Can you please take a look, especially at the MQTT.fx log and tell me why proxy fails after 1 second?

I see that you are using MQTT.fx successfully…

Asked it in a question, but nobody responded…

Can you please take a look, especially at the MQTT.fx log and tell me why proxy fails after 1 second?

Hi securigy,

I tried MQTT.fx in the past but it got stuck often so I ditch it. Do you really need it or can you use mosquitto_sub? See this post

Cheers,
TDK

Somebody here on the forum (Legit) discovered somehow based on my screenshots that I have PANS 1 on my devices despite that Android app showed FW2.
So now I flashe PANS 2 on every device based on the Gateway Deployment Guide using J-Flash Lite 6.22g - all look normal and without errors. However, I cannot access via TeraTerm or Serial Putty any of the devices now…
I do not mind using other MQTT client - although I am not familiar with mosquitto_sub - but as you can see I have a “bigger fish to fry” now - accessing the devices via shell in order to configure them.
I could use Android app again but cannot configure the device to be the Bridge Node with it…or can I ?
I do plan to write a wonderful MQTT client in C# for PC - just need to get this whole thing work and somehow verify that I get MQTT messages in some other client first…