Raspberry and J-Link on DWM3001CDK

I have my DWM3001CDK connected to a Raspberry. From what I see, the dev kit is powered.
However, for debugging it using the J-Link USB, is it ok if I connect the module at the same time to a PC? Or am I going to burn everything? To do that should I maybe have to desolder any diodes?

If this is not possible, what is the best workaround?

Hi @gouz
there some edge cases but you can feel free to connect it to the PC too while it is connected to RPi. I have made this for a hundreds time and I didn’t burn anything.

Cheers
JK

What about the available jumper? Right now I have it removed. Does it affect the concurent connection of the RPi and the Jlink?

Hi @gouz
which jumper?

Cheers
JK

On the DWM3001CDK there is a jumper that can be removed. I think this controls something related to the power.

Hi @gouz
maybe post a picture. As far I know there is no soldered jumper by default.

There is one possible place for jumper - J4 (on the right side of the upper USB connector - for Nordic) but for this the solder bridge above must be de-soldered. Without this jumper (solder bridge) the DWM3001 would not work at all.

Cheers
JK

In front of the first usb.

Hi @gouz
this one must be connected as it is a 3.3V power source for the DWM3001 module.

Cheers
JK

But even when both Jlink usb is attached on a pc and the board is connected on an RPi?

Hi @gouz
there is a misunderstanding. There are two usb connectors:
1st is connected to Segger IC (J-link). In your picture it is the one on the right side with black USB cable.
2nd is connected to Nordic IC (USB port). In your picture it is the one on the left side with silver USB cable.

Cheers
JK

Yes, and I have currently connected the J-link to my PC and the kit itself onto an RPi.
The Nordic IC is not connected yet to the PC (even though in the pic there is a cable connected there).

So the question would be, to receive the ranging readings from the kit on the RPi (and have it correctly power on), do I need the jumper attached or not?

Hi @gouz
the jumper MUST be connected, otherwise the DWM3001 would not work at all.

Cheers
JK