Question about anchor's seat number of DWM1001C module

Hi,

I’m using DWM1001C module running official PANS firmware. After powering on all anchors in the area for a day, I used DRTLS Android application to monitor their seat number. But after some days, I monitored them again and noticed that almost all of their seat number have been changed.

Is it normal that their seat number can change? If so, will there be any stuttering in the network while they are changing their seat number?

Thank you

Hi @kanpinyo
the seat number could change when some AN detect a network collision - AN hears two anchors with the same seat number but with different address and those two ANs with the same sat number are not in range with each other.

If there are some moving object within the network (doors, cars …) then some time some AN could get an reflection from this “object change” and then the network collision/resolution occurs. It is not uncommon that some nodes changes its seat numbers some time. There is some short down time when the AN changes its seat number. Another reason for seat number change is that the network break for a some time - ANI is down for a while or there are some weak UWB links between nodes so they disconnect often.

There are many reasons why this happen and no all of them are wrong. I would check if AN I is powered correctly.

Cheers
JK

Hi @leapslabs

Our environment usually has dynamic objects such as people and cars moving underneath AN which agrees with what you said in the first reason. So I would like to know how long is the short down time you mentioned when the AN changes its seat number?

Moreover, I noticed that seat number is increased by 1 when it changes.

Thank you

Hi @kanpinyo
it should get stable over a time and it should not change too much. If I recall it correctly then the down time si somewhere between 5-20sec. There is some randomness to avoid two nodes start sending join request at the same time.

The node always try to use next free seat number (from its perspective).

If possible connect to some AN which is most changing its seat number and send me the output of si and la commands.

Cheers,
JK

Hi @leapslabs

Thanks for the clarification. I will let the network stabilize before monitoring it again. If it still has this problem, I will try your suggestion.

Thank you