Programming Tag or Anchor or Both in Segger Studio?

I was wondering if I need to load the example programs onto my tags and anchors or just one of them to see them in action (just tag, just anchor or both tag and anchor). I do not believe it is explicitly stated the in the Firmware User Guide.

Hello cmkennedy

The DWM1001 modules come pre-programmed with the PANS 2 firmware. This allows them to be configured as either tag or anchor (or proxy/listener).

On top of this you can run your own applications (on board packages) to enhance the system. We provide examples of this in order to facilitate development, they don’t really add a tremendous amount of functionality on their own. Where these examples need to run depends on the example, e.g dwm-simple and dwm-range-iot are designed to run on a tag and the other examples can run on all types of nodes (including tag and anchor).

1 Like

Hello seppe,

Thanks for the descriptive response. It is much appreciated. I tried dwm-simple on just the tag, but it nevers connects automatically to my anchor. It continuously blinks the green D9 led fast indicating that UWB is detected. I was expecting it to connect to my initiator anchor (led D9 on, not blinking fast). Am I missing something?

Best,
Cormac

Correction - the DWM1001 modules are actually shipped blank from the factory.
If you buy a MDEK kit, in this case the devices are programmed with PANS R2.

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for the input. If I flash the dwm-simple onto a tag that previously connected with an anchor, should the tag still automatically connect to that anchor? Do I need to do something else? It won’t connect once flashed.

Best,
Cormac

Cormac,

I am pretty sure if you reflash the DWM1001 you will have to reconfigure it via Android App or Terminal as a Tag, make it ‘active’, default is ‘passive’ etc

Thanks,
Ken

Ken,

This did not resolve the issue. Has flashing dwm-simple via Segger Embedded Studio worked for you? Did you just flash the tag and change the UWB mode to active if so?

Best,
Cormac

Got it to work on two new DWM1001’s. Not sure why the other ones wouldn’t work.

Hi Cormac, No I have not tried it recently.
A quick fix is to program with the factory image HEX file, DWM1001\Factory_Firmware_Image
Ken

1 Like

Maybe you need to do a ‘full’ Flash erase before programming?

1 Like