Plotting pin currents of custom created symbols

Hi All, I have created a netlist device and instantiated it with a dedicated symbol

I wanted to check the pins currents but they are not saved in the raw data:

I was expecting to see also X1:I(VG), X2:I(VS), etc…

Is there a way to tell Qspice to save also these data (without explicitly using the .save command but rather do it automatically for all the instantiated symobls) ?

Thanks in advance!

Also, would it be possible to plot these pin currents with the convenient poit-and-click feature from the schematic editor ?

That isn’t currently supported. I think I was the first person to implement subcircuit pin current monitoring(at least I did it years before PSpice). But I very much don’t like how I implemented it and plan to implement it correctly at some later time.

2 Likes

I see, well in the meantime I will use the usual workaround: 0V voltage source as “current probe” in-line with the interesting pins. Looking forward to the next implementation. Thanks!

1 Like

Following the thread

Is there any update on the ability to plot current for the custom created symbols without placing 0V test sources?

This will become very useful while playing with third party power switches if one can plot Drain, Source pin currents for Mosfets and P N pin currents for didoes etc.

Thanks!