Please could someone explain this behaviour of DWM1001C?

Hello everyone,

I have created a new custom board with the bare essentials to get a DWM1001C up and running, and set up as a tag. The frequency is 10Hz and Stationary Detection and Responsive Mode are both disabled, and Bluetooth enabled. I’m using the standard firmware (DWM1001_PANS_R2.0.hex) with no modifications, and a raspberry pi gateway, 4 anchors, and the standard DRTLS Web Manager to monitor location data received.

When powered up, it sends continuous location data for about 20seconds after which it stops. There is no activity then for about 13 seconds, after which the transmit LED flashes 3 times, after which again it sends location data for another 20seconds, and then no activity again for another 13 seconds. The whole process / cycle just repeats itself continuously.

With Bluetooth disabled, and when powered up, I get no location data at all – it just says ‘NaN’. The transmit LED flashes 3 times, then there is no activity for about 13 seconds after which it flashes again another 3 times. No activity then again for another 13 seconds, and then whole cycle just repeats itself. This cycle repeats about 4 times, and then stops completely, after which there is no LED activity at all.

Please could someone explain what is happening here? Is it trying to sync or something?

With Responsive Mode enabled I get continuous location data with no issues, with or without Bluetooth enabled, so it only happens with Responsive mode disabled. I also have a DWM1001 development board sitting alongside it that works perfectly with or without Responsive Mode, so it’s just with my new custom board that I have created using the DWM1001C chip.

Is there a setting that I have not configured properly? Is this a hardware issue with the DWM1001C ? Is it possible one of the pins has not been correctly soldered?

As mentioned I’m just using the standard firmware. I really need to get this project working with Responsive Mode disabled.

Thank you so much in advance.

Sunny

Can anyone help please?

Hi @Sunny
as noted in previous post - it feels me like powering issues.

How do you power it?

Cheers
JK

Hi JK,

Thank you for your response. I’m actually powering it using the charging circuit taken from the DWM1001-DEV development board schemata.

Thanks

Sunny

Hi @Sunny
could you post here the si output from your node?

Cheers
JK