PANS Release 2 - Can passive tag report IOT data?

A couple of questions regarding release 2 FW:

1. Can a tag still be configured in passive listener mode?
  2. If so, is there any way for the tag to report IOT data being sent over-the-air?

Hi there,

1. Yes, the passive listener mode stays the same.
  2. When gateway is used, the IOT data can be sent between the MQTT Broker and the node, i.e. uplink and downlink user data can be sent between the Node and the Broker via UWB and Ethernet. Please refer to the Release 2 documentation.

Cheers,
TDK

Thank you for your response.

I’d like to access the raw, uplink IoT data without requiring RPi. Can a passive listener or a bridge node be used to receive and have an external microcontroller read the raw IoT data sent by tag?

Hi,

no, it is not possible. The data end up on the Tag and it does not send out unless you would use the IOT data via the gateway.

Cheers,
TDK

Is this to say there is no way (with R2 firmware) to broadcast IoT data from a tag that does not require the presence of a gateway/RPi?

I see there is a serial command “uui” to send uplink data - will this function work without a gateway in range?

If I configure the DWM1001 as a “bridge” (without RPi connected) and use the serial command “udi”, would this not print the uplink data?

Thanks again.

Hi,

sorry, but that is indeed not supported in PANS.

Cheers,
TDK