New / Updated SW Availabe EVK1000

[color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi All,[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today we released new EVK code, version 3.11. [/font][/size][/color]

[color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]This version is available for both Coocox and CubeMX IDE, hence the two different names for the same SW. (see release notes attached)[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]Difference between 3.05 (current) and 3.11 (new)[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]a) Code refactoring, for easier porting[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]b) Update DW1000 driver to version 4.0.4[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]c) Removed unused example code (e.g. UART, DMA)[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]d) Fix the instance_init_timings function, data/payload length was not
calculated correctly. This affected long frames which were not used in the
ranging application.[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]e) Increase the delay between anchor’s response transmission and turning of the
receiver to receive the final message.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]The CubeMX version is this is a same EVK application as 3.11, except the project has been created
with CubeMX tool and it is built with ST System Workbench IDE.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]Both version can be downloaded from our website: [color=#6611cc]https://www.decawave.com/support/software[/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=small][font=Calibri]/Leo[/font][/size][/color][/font][/size][/color]

System Worckbench and new HAL library!!! what a wonderfull news!!

are you planing on change all software package to new HAL library?

BW, Leo

Hello, thank you for the HAL version. The program did not build in System Workbench for STM32 due to the undefined variable hUsbDevice_0 in usbd_cdc_if.c (Rectified: USBD_HandleTypeDef* hUsbDevice_0 = &hUsbDeviceFS;). Upload by STM32 ST-LINK Utility seems fine (‘Version 3.11 MX’ on EVK 1000 display ) now. I used hardware for ST-LINK from NUCLEO L-053R8. Unfortunately, I can not upload and debug from SW4STM32 IDE because error ‘Wrong device detected’. Could it be caused by my incorrect settings in the Configuration Script Debugger? Milan

Hi Milan,

you don’t need to use the script, you can also select “Manual spec”, then select your “Debug device” e.g. ST-LinkV2, and “Debug interface” e.g. SWD

Z

Hello,

I’m just trying to run new software based on HAL on EVB1000, but it doesn’t work. It stops after first message exchange. Did someone successfully run new software ?
LED4 is blinking on the anchor, on the tag
Best Regards,
Irek

Hi Irek,
The new code 3.11 applies to EVK1000. This means that when you load the 3.11 SW onto TREK boards, the TREK becomes an EVK and so the TREK features are no longer possible i.e no support for multiple nodes).

Your boards seem to start fine, so at this point you should consider the EVK1000 User manual to check the dipswitches. This because (S1) dipswitch setting differ from TREK1000 and EVK1000.
The picture attached illustrates the EVK settings of S1 . (note S1-4 is “on” for Anchor and “off” for TAG

To reverse the situation ( bacj to the original TREK configurations) just load the TREK SW onto the board , Version 2.10
/Leo

I noticed the EVM 3.05 has an option to poll irq (process_deca_irq():wink: while 3.11 removed that piece of code. If I put that piece of code back to 3.11 instead of using isr, would it work ? Let me know what you thing?

Thanks.

Jin

DW1000 Application Programming Interface which provides an abstracted view of the DW1000 register set to the software programmer. Includes a set of examples demonstrating how to use the API to perform the most commonly required operations…Upload by STM32 ST-LINK Utility seems fine (‘Version 3.11 MX’ on EVK 1000 display ) now. I used hardware for ST-LINK from NUCLEO L-053R8. Unfortunately,