New open firmware for dwm1001

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you a development that I have made recently. It is a firmware developed with ChibiOS that allows access to all radio records in a simpler way and also includes functionalities to send messages with the 802.15.4 standard and the calculation of distances between nodes. It still has a lot of work to do, but at this point it is in version 0.1 and I think it might interest someone.

If I see that the idea generates interest, I have in mind to develop an API that works in conjunction with this firmware to design an application that allows to automatically calculate distances and angles between the different nodes of a network and return these values ​​through UART. It would also allow adding and removing nodes automatically as well as calibrating the antennas.

I hope it helps you :slight_smile:

Here is the link of the repository.

Have a nice day.
Álvaro.

2 Likes

Hi Alvaro,

Is this new firmware only to comunicate and measure the distance between 2 devices, or its possible to make the triangulation and know the locations of the TAG using multiple ANCHORS.

I’m asking, because using the decawave firmware I’m having lots of problems such as:
1- lost of comunications between tags and anchors;
2- I’m having +25cm errors and I don’t how to reduce it.

Sorry about my bad english.

Best regards,
João