Network with more than 12 anchors

Hello,

I purchased 2 MDEK1001 - kit (12 units each), but I am only able to configure 12 anchors on the same network, using the android app (Decawave DRTLS Manager).

Is there any other Android or Linux application where I can configure my 24 DWM1001 units on the same network?

Thank you very much.

Diogo Figueira

Hi @DiogoFigueira
there should not limit set in the DRTLS app so you should be able to do it. Could you explain a bit more your problem?

Beside of DRTLS app you can always use shell to configure the modules.

Cheers
JK

Hi JK,

When I did the installation using just the first kit (12 units) that I purchased, everything worked well, the anchors worked well and the tags too, all on the same network.

However, the installation area is large, which required a second set of anchors and tags, so I used the second kit I had (+12 units)

When I started to include the new anchors (another kit) in the same network in the DRTLS app, via Android, I already received the message that it was not possible to save the positions (x,y,z).

So I had to update the information about the positions of the other anchors (x,y,z) via shell.

However, when testing, in the installation area, I realized that only the anchors from the first kit worked, and the other 12 units (anchors and tags) from the second kit, were not recognized by the listeners.

I don’t know if I could explain myself and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, please, if you have any other information you need, let me know, ok?

Thank you very much for your help JK,

Diogo Figueira

Hi JK,

Following the attached drawing, is there any anchor position that violates any rules?
If so, could you please tell me a better distribution of anchors in this area (attached drawing)?

Regarding the DRTLS android application, I noticed that some anchors had the seat equal to -1, is this an error, correct?
Do you know why this happens?

I compared the anchor and tag configurations that are working with those that aren’t, and they really are different.

The anchors and tags that don’t work, I had to configure them via shell, because the DRTLS app didn’t allow me to configure them.

There’s definitely something I’m doing wrong, but I still don’t know what it is…

If you can help me, I will be very grateful.

Thank you very much for your help so far,

Diogo Figueira

Hi JK,

I attached the result of the ‘si’ command of one anchor that is working and another that is not, perhaps it can give information about the error.

Thanks for your help,

Diogo Figueira

Hi JK,

Do I need to use the J-Flash Lite tool to configure this?

Thank you very much,

Diogo Figueira

Do I need to update with another firmware (DWM1001_PANS_R2.0.hex) than the one already included in the kit (MDEK1001) to be able to use more than 12 anchors?

Thank you very much.

Diogo Figueira

Hi @DiogoFigueira
It seems that some of them contains an older firmware (Compiled Nov 29 2017). You need to update firmware to the latest version (2019).

The one from 2017 was a first version of PANS (1.0) and there are significant changes between 1.0 version and 2.0 version.

Cheers
JK

Hi JK,

The anchors with the 2017 firmware are the ones that are working and the ones with the 2019 are not.

Which firmware should I use?
Or just leave all anchors on the same firmware?

Thanks for your help.

Diogo Figueira

Can I download the 2017 firmware?

Thank you very much.

Diogo Figueira

Hi @leapslabs,

I noticed that the DRTLS app works well with anchors and tags with the 2017 firmware, but not with the 2019 firmware.

I have two MDEK1001 kits (one with 2017 firmware and the other with 2019 firmware).

Do you know where I can download the 2017 firmware?

Thank you very much JK.

Diogo Figueira

I’m getting this error message in the DRTLS app when trying to add tags or anchors with the 2019 firmware.
Anchors and tags with 2017 firmware do not give any errors.

I hope you can help me.
Thank you very much.

Diogo Figueira

Hi @DiogoFigueira
only the latest firmware can be downloaded and that’s the one from 2019. But Im not sure about the dates - just download the latest version from Qorvo web site. Also in MDEK SW package is a apk for android. Probably your android app is also the old one.

I would not recommend to use the old SW - there was a lot of changes between PANS 1.0 and PANS 2.0.

Cheers
JK