MDEK1001 Gateway and dwm1001 communication

Hello there. I have bought the MDEK1001 kit for RTLS development/research. I have set up the positioning system with 4 anchors and a tag, using UART access to each anchor. Since I do not own a raspberry pi, i have not been able to set up a gateway. I was wondering if it was possible to use an existing dwm1001dev as a gateway via UART? Also I was wondering if it is possible to access tag location data from another dwm1001dev connected to the same UWB network? That way I can access it on PC using an UART connection. It would be pretty inconvenient if I have to manually edit anchor configurations or connect to a tag (which should be mobile) just to find out location data…

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to use an existing dwm1001dev as a gateway via UART?

No, that is not possible. In order to have a remote access to the node you need to use Gateway or use Bluetooth interface to access the BLE in-range modules. However working with BLE require some basic study of the Bluetooth and PANS BLE API.

nRF Connect Android program from Nordic can help you with the first Bluetooth steps.

Cheers,
TDK