MDEK1001 -> embedded next step

We built a successful prototype using the MDEK1001 dev kit. Now I want to put the DWM1001C on my own pcb board that I’m developing, but I want to use the same software/firmware from the dev kit. Do I need the microcontroller on the MDEK1001 board too? We interface over USB-UART now but I could easily switch to UART, SPI, etc.

Also I read somewhere that the DWM1001C may not come programmed anymore? So do I need a programmer or a special order number to get modules compatible with my anchors from the MDEK1001?

Thank you

Hi @esteimle
from you question series I would recommend you to find some HW designer who will help you.

• The DWM1001C comes blank. If you are designing your own product you need to program the DWM1001C externally with some SWD programmer (Jlink, for example)

• The secondary MCU on MDEK is a SWD programmer with firmware from Segger (Jlink)

• If you need to interface the DWM1001C with USB you need to add some UART to USB interface (like FTDI FT232)

Cheers
JK

Thanks I’ve been a hardware designer for 25 years :slight_smile: It’s hard to get support or clear answers on many things to do with this part. For example my distributor who has Qorvo support staff claims the modules of course come programmed with all the firmware in the MDEK already. But I know I read on this forum that stopped a while ago.

Hi @esteimle
:wink: feel free to ask here. Im just quite overloaded last week so my responses are bit slow (Im trying to improve it).

Cheers
JK

No worries, I appreciate all the help you’ve given me so far. All of us are being pushed to do more and more with less and less :slight_smile: