MDEK Kit is not working

Hello,
I got the MDEK Kit, i connected 4 anchors with USB Power bank and i observed very strange 2 phenomenas :

1. all the anchors shut down after several seconds.
  2. Led D20 is blinking fast in red, all the other are off, what does it mean ? ( J-Link…)
    Thank you for your help.
    Dotan

Hi dshambi,

Have you tried to plug the DWM1001-dev boards to a computer and not a USB bank ? If should be working and leds should blink.

In the past, I have seen that with some USB bank, the current consumed by DWM1001-dev board is so little than the USB bank can’t detect it and turn off to save battery.

Your issue really sounds like that.

Thank you,
Cheers
Yves

Hi Yves,

1. Thank you.
  2. Whats the meaning of D20 which blink fast in red, do you have any idea ?

Dotan

The LED20 is controlled by the jlink controller. It gives the state of the jlink. When blinking I’d say it means the Jlink is powered but not ready for debug.

Once you plug it to a computer with the jlink driver, the led will become steady.

Thank you,
Yves

Hi Yves,
I connected it to the PC and nothing changed, D20 is still blinking fast, no other led is operating, and once in several seconds some of the led blinks several times.
It looks like it is trying to start with no great success.
I have 3 anchors which operate fine (I am afraid to touch them…) and 5 which has the D20 phenomena.

Thank you for your help.
Dotan

Ok that’s a bit strange, never happened to me. Do you have an android device on which you could install the Decawave DRTLS manager (available on the playstore) and check if the DWM1001 board are detected over bluetooth ?

Thank you,
Cheers
Yves

Hi Yves,

Yes I have the RTLS Manager on my mobile phone.

in the RTLS Manager I see part of the devices (I don’t see the devices which D20 in them is blinked in red).

Is there any way to reset the components to “factory settings” ?

Best regards

Dotan

Hi Dotan,

Well you could download the virtual machine from our website and it has a fully working development environment for DWM1001. It comes with a makefile which has a recover step, charging the factory firmware on the board.

https://www.decawave.com/dwm1001-virtual-box-image-preinstalled-firmware-developer-tool-chain

You can also download the archive below. It contains a factory image, you can flash it to the device using J-flash lite from segger (free tool). The target device is NRF52832_XXAA.

https://www.decawave.com/dwm1001-dw10001-dev-and-mdek1001-documents-source-code-android-application-firmware-image

Let me know how it goes,
Yves

Hi Yves,
I have managed to set all the components to the factory settings and they seemed to work fine, except 1 of them which cant be configure (D20 still flash in red)

1. Do you have any ideas for the fault component ?
  2. what can be the reason for the fault of all the tags ? maybe the updated firmware ?

Thank you for all your help.
Dotan

Hi Dotan,

Ok good to know for the stuck reset button, I haven’t experienced that myself but will know for next time.

The uart has to be configured as 115200, 8 bit data,one bit stop, no parity, no flow control. I would expect a lot of disruption of the data on the uart, which command are you using ? From an anchor or a tag ?

It is not possible to get the position from an anchor, you need to read it out of a tag or a listener (effectively a passive tag).

So i would recommend you to setup a passive tag, read it’s output over uart and you will get the position data from the tag.

Let me know how it goes,
Thanks
Yves