Making resistors use UK Style Symbol by default - how?

Hi, just installed QSPICE. I have been using LTSpice for a while, and with every update there, I immediately change the resistor symbol to the European style(or UK Style).
In QSPICE you can in fact select between US and UK style. However, the US style is what you get when using the R shortcut key.

Question: Can I have QSPICE use the UK style for resistors as the default style?
-Ingvar

1 Like

you could after pressing R on keyboard, press shift+R, so you get european symbol resistor

1 Like

Now I know that - it works great! Thanks a lot!

Hi, ingvarai.

FWIW, I think shift isn’t required, just press R a second time before “dropping” the resistor onto the schematic. Same process works to switch between symbols for other component elements, e.g., press C repeatedly to cycle through various capacitor symbols, V for other voltage source symbols, etc.

–robert

1 Like

Hi Robert,
you are absolutely right! This makes it so much more practical for me to use QSPICE.
-Ingvar

But it doesn’t make the European Resistor the default symbol…

Right. I sendt an e-mail to the address in the about-box i QSPICE where I request the option to do exactly this, and furthermore the option to customize the default font size in the user interface.
-Ingvar