IoT data exchange vía SPI

In the document “PANS: Gateway Quick Deployment Guide”, section 5 describes the steps required to exchange IoT Data between a tag and a gateway.

In uplink, the message is sent through uui, and the reception is observed in the web-manager. And in downlink, the message is created from the web-manager and is observed in the node by enabling the udi option.

Is it feasible to do this via command management also from the bridge node instead of the web-manager? And this transmission and display of data can be done from external management with TLV messages sent by SPI? I understand that the message in uplink could be sent from the tag to the gateway via TLV with the format specified in the dwm_usr_data_write function, but how could it be done in downlink?

Hi @psf
this is not working with the bridge node. But if you wont want to use the web interface then you can use the MQTT protocol.

Cheers
JK

Thanks @leapslabs,

My intention is to make an exchange of IoT data, between several nodes being able to configure the addressing of the messages using the external SPI API interface, is this possible? (I see that it is only allowed in uplink to the bridge, via TLV or uui command, right?)

Hi @psf
unfortunately that is not possible.

Cheers
JK

I have seen that I am allowed to send user data to a specific node through the web manager (see attached picture). I guess that this information is transmitted to the DWM1001 from the raspberry pi using the SPI interface. Is this correct? If not, how is it done?
write window

Hi @psf
yes it is sent via SPI interface to the bridge node. There is a command dwm_backhaul_xfer but the documentation is missing here for this command and we do not provide support for it. As the correct implementation of this command is very complex.

Cheers
JK