Increase The accuracy of Distance and increase the MAX range of ToA application in DWM3000

Dear Supporter,

I run ds_twr_sts_sdc application, the responder I use the RT500 + DWM3000 and the Initiator I use the STM32 + DWM3000 (same as your SDK, no change). But if I configure the clock of RT500 with low frequency (96MHz) the responder does not work as expected so that I must change the clock of RT500 to max frequence (192MHz) the responder can receive and calculate the range between Initiator and Responder. How to update the project independent with the clock of MCU? What the parameter change for independence with clock of MCU?

Other question, How to increase the accuracy of distance calculation method and max range of DWM3000?

Best regards,
Nhan Nguyen.

Hello @nhnhanfs ,

To increase the accuracy of distance calculation, I would suggest to have a look at this application note APS011:

And for methods to maximise the range this application note APS017 may be helpful:

These 2 applications notes were done for DW1000 but still valid for DW3000 as well.

hope it helps,
Wassim

Hello @Wassim_Qorvo ,

Thank you for quick reply, I have other question, could you provide me a ToA example for DWM3000.

Best regards,
Nhan Nguyen.

Hi @nhnhanfs,

What do you mean by ToA (is it time of arrival)?
if you mean TdoA, unfortunately there’s not available example.

Hello @Wassim_Qorvo ,

Could you help me bring up the ToA project?

Best regards,
Nhan.