How to read output from dwm-simple

Hi,

I have a DWM1001-DEV and I am a newbie in this. I am starting with the dwm-simple example. I have followed the Firmware user guide steps and I downloaded the dwm-simple to my dev board. But I don’t know how to read the output. I don’t know what terminal should I use, I didn’t see anything in my IDE(SES) terminal, Putty and J-link command. I think I need to change UART from genetic mode to Shell mode to read them (I still don’t know where).

Any operation instructions on this?

Thanks,
Cindy

1 Like

Hi,

To begin I suggest that you program the default HEX back on to your hardware.
Serial comms can be tested with Teraterm/Hyperterm for example.
The serial COM port configuration 115200-8-n-1

See the DWM1001 Firmware User Guide section 4.3 on how to identify the COM port to use.

Once setup, hit ‘Enter’ twice and you should see the terminal output.

Ken

Thanks for the reply.
This is what I got, but I think I’m still not in shell mode. I hit Enter twice, it only makes two empty lines.
Please help.

This appears to be working just fine! You have the accelerometer device ID and result per the example.

Hi
But why I didn’t get the position reading and system timer, and the position reading is in a while(1) loop, I should get a consistent reading from it, according to the User Guide,
Capture
Appreciate your help.

Hi Cindy,

Try command lec after pressing enter 2 times.

Also, you can check out my method using Python here:

-Brian

Hi Brainh
I tried to use lec command, it didnt do anything. Would you mind explain me what’s that command for?
Thanks
Cindy

Hi
But why I didn’t get the position reading and system timer, and the position reading is in a while(1) loop, I should get a consistent reading from it, according to the User Guide,
Capture
Appreciate your help.

Hi Brainh
I tried to use lec command, it didnt do anything. Would you mind explain me what’s that command for?
Thanks
Cindy

Cindy,

The lec command shows measurements and calculated position if you have the Anchors initialized. Have you initialized the devices already? It is very simple with the Android application.

I suggest checking out the quick start guide: MDEK1001 Quick Start Guide - Decawave
Also the API guide and other documentations: DWM1001C Module - Decawave

1 Like