How to program or get angle of arrival from dwm3000evb to iphone11 or other dwm3000evb

i just tested the dwm3000evb attach with nrf52840dk and program them with embedded segger studio for window 10 (64 bit ) , so i am looking for the source code or api to get distance and angle of arrival , azimuth or elevation 's angle from the the download souce code of dwm3000evb (Important Notice - Qorvo) and (https://www.qorvo.com/products/p/DWM3000EVB#evaluation-tools ), but i could not find it , i am trying to program on (dwm3000evb attach with nrf52840dk) with iphone11 and display the result of distance and angle of arrival , azimuth or elevation 's angle -->on "**serial monitor of embedded segger studio ( J-Link RTT Viewer ) to see the result output and debugging ** " , so–>
where to get its source code or how to get or program the angle of arrival of dwm3000evb in order to read the angle of arrival from the iphone11 or other dwm3000evb attach with nrf52840dk ??

I don’t think you can get AoA. Afaik DWM3000EVB is based on DW3110 chip which doesn’t support PDoA operation (see user manual).

1 Like

question 1

*** → are you sure ? :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: , DW3110 chip which doesn’t support PDoA operation (see user manual).
i saw it , SUPPORT PDoA, :face_with_monocle: LOOK AT MY ATTACH PHOTO1 below at the highlight
photo 1 below

regarding to photo 2 below , on the side of iphone11 , it can be display the angle , azimuth , elevation ’ s angle from other dwm3000evb device :scream:
**photo 2 ** below

question 2

*** → on the side of dwm3000evb ,i just want to get or display angle , azimuth , elevation ’ s angle as photo 2 above did, but in the side of dmw 3000 evb, so where to find its source code or how to get or program the angle of arrival of dwm3000evb in order to read the angle of arrival, azimuth , elevation 's angle from the iphone11 or other dwm3000evb attach with nrf52840dk and display on the serial monitor(debug terminal on embedded segger studio ) ?? :thinking: :thinking: :pleading_face:

question 3 →

*** ** cause i even could not download the app from Qorvo regarding to photo 2 above, i tried it, but i could not :cry: :persevere:. HOW TO GET / DOWNLOAD THE APP AS PHOTO 2 ABOVE ( Qorvo NI DEMO ) :pleading_face: :pray:

1 Like

thanks , regarding to your response :slightly_smiling_face: of the table image
but i meant i want to get the angle measurement as the specification of attach photo3 at the highlight ,

i have to ask you what is the +/-5 degrees for angular measurement ?? :thinking:
i meant what is the angular measurement ? :thinking: is the same with angle of arrival ? :thinking:they will measure it from angle of arrival or other way ?? :thinking:i do not know it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

please let me know how to measure the angle (angular measurement) as the highlight from from this attach photo3 :pray:

Where did you see this? It seems they made a mistake on whatever you were looking at. I actually talked to Decawave people and they confirmed DW3110 doesn’t support AoA acquisition.

Lemme know if I’m wrong (actually I wish I’m wrong).

1 Like

did you see it ? in my previous attach photo3 :face_with_monocle:
you said ,I actually talked to Decawave people and they confirmed DW3110 doesn’t support AoA acquisition. → i ask you ,did you talk to decawave team on the deawave forum or private talk ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
can you send me the screenshot of the conversation that decawave confirmed DW3110 doesn’t support AoA acquisition.? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
i am confusing :confounded: , so in fact , DW3110 doesn’t support AoA acquisition? or support ? :face_with_monocle:
please let me know → +/-5 degrees for angular measurement → how they do ?? :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

dw3110 is tag and iphone is node,iphone has 2 antenna 。

1 Like

dw3110 is tag and iphone is node,iphone has 2 antenna 。dw3110 just TX

2 Likes

1. regarding to your answer , i can read only angle that measure from dwm3000evb and display it on iphone11 , am i understanding correctly ?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

photo3 above

2. i saw the specification of dw3110 has antenna port, and in the highlight of the attach photo3 above as +/-5 degrees for angular measurement that meant , dw3110 will be able measure the angle from other uwb or iphone11, right ? :thinking:

3.regarding to my topic and my first question , so if i want to reverse your way as dw3110 (in dwm3000evb) is anchor as Tx and iphone11 is tag as Rx :slightly_smiling_face:, so will i be able to get angular measurement on dwm3000evb and display it to serial monitor of embedded segger studio ide ?? :thinking:

please let me know :pleading_face: :pray:

dw3110 has one antenna port , as its specification
what is the shape or type of dw3110 ? if it is An antenna array even only single or one of it , it can get angle as well
because in the specification does not mention the type of the antenna , do you know it ?

YEAH , UNDERSTOOD :wink: , there is the way to get angle in iphone11 side , but if i want to get the angle on the dw3110 side (dwm3000evb) , :face_with_monocle: if the type of single antenna on the dw3110 is single omni directional rotatable or single antenna array , also can get angle , but i do not know the type of antenna on dw3110
** i mention it and try it because i saw the specification on dw3110 → +/-5 degrees for angular measurement :face_with_monocle: as the attach photo3 in highlight below ,

TAKE A LOOK AT this photo3 above from the specification of dw3110
so now , will it be possible to get angle on the SIDE OF DW3110 ?? :thinking:

I am going to put a pin into this:

YOU CANNOT GET ANGULAR MEASUREMENT WITH THE DWB3000EVB, ok?

I know that for a fact. I even talked with an Qorvo Sales Rep. about their whole lineup and which Chip/Board can do what.

And no, the antenna on the DWB3000EVB board, is not an antenna array. Would be uselesse, because in order to achieve AoA, the Antennas need to be at least Lambda/2 apart, which is about 4cm at this Frequency. And the Antenna isn´t that big on the EVB.

I don´t know why this info portraits it like that, that the EVB can do AoA, but it can´t.
Only on the iPhone side.

And for your info:
You cannot buy any board/module from Qorvo, which has the DW3120/3220, and where two antennas are pre-mounted.
The Sales Rep. from Qorvo said, they aren´t offering this, because every company/person has different needs, how the antennas will have to be placed and they can´t cover all of them.
So if you want to get AoA Data on the “Embedded” side, you have to buy the DW3120/3220 and seperate two UWB antennas.

Cheers, Michael

2 Likes

GREAT , THANKS ,clear :ok_man: :ok_man: :ok_man:
regarding to your response—> “So if you want to get AoA Data on the “Embedded” side, you have to buy the DW3120/3220 and separate two UWB antennas”
DW3120 - Qorvo

i do not even know how it (dw3120 ) look ? and how to place dw3120 on the dwm3000evb ? or how to separate 2 UWB antennas as you said ? but in the specification of dw3120 photo above at highlight said ,—> there is * Two antenna ports allows Phase Difference of Arrival implementation with a single chip , so , do i still need to separate 2 UWB antennas as you said ? :thinking:
do i have to customize the dwm3000evb by removing out dw3110 and place the dw3120 or 3220 on the dwm3000 ? :thinking:
i do not know where is the position of dw3110 on dwm3000 ? :thinking:as photo below , if i know where is dw3110 ,maybe i can place dw3120 or 3220 , you know where is dw3110 on the dwm3000 ? :pleading_face: :thinking:

This extra PCB which is soldered to the base board, is the DW3110 MODULE.
The lower part of this module is the DW3110 itself (technically the chip is under the metal housing, I presume, together with some other geometrically closely needed components). The upper part of the module is the antenna:
DW3110_1

Here you can see, how a module looks like, which has the DW3120 on it:
DW3120

I honestly don´t know, if you can just desolder the DW3110 and solder on the DW3120 module onto the base board. I mean the pin amount/layout looks the same, but I can´t guarantee, that this will work.

And yes, even if this works, you will need to buy your own 2 UWB antennas. Which ones there are or are good to use, I have no idea.

Cheers, Michael

1 Like

great !! thanks :ok_man: :slightly_smiling_face:
as you said , Qorvo will not sell or provide the custom board/module from Qorvo, which has the DW3120/3220, and where two antennas are pre-mounted (as dwm3000evb has dw3120 or 3220 mount on )
if i need it , i need to customize or the dwm3000evb by myself , as you said , i need to de-solder the DW3110 and solder on the DW3120 module onto the base board again and test it
and i do not know how to choose the antenna and how to place it too ? and i do not have any idea where is the code API or how to code on it in order to get angular measurement or angle of arrival ? :face_with_monocle: :confused: :thinking: i do not know how to ask Decawave , because last time , i ask them on Contact Us - Decawave last 2 weeks ago , they have not answered me anything yet !! :disappointed_relieved:

as you said → iphone has 2 antennas :thinking:
1.so why iphone can achieve the 3d AOA as the azimuth or elevation angle ? :thinking:
2.in order to get 3d angle of arrival (AOA ) or 3d positioning for angular measurement , will it need 3 antennas ? right ? :thinking:
3.so how many uwb antenna in iphone11 or 12 that can get angular measurement as photo below ? 2 ?or 3 antennas ? :thinking:
i could not find the amount of uwb antennas in iphone 11 or the photo of antennas, too
please let me know :pleading_face:

iPhone has 5 antennas

ANT0/ANT1/ANT3 for AOA ranging.
ANT2_6G for channel 5 transceiving.
ANT2_8G for channel 9 transceiving.
I guess ANT2_6G, ANT2_8G used to support the future use of the iPhone as a tag.

1 Like

Very good information, thank you

thanks , great :ok_man: :+1: very good information :slightly_smiling_face:
SO IF I STILL WANT TO GET 3D AOA ,azimuth ,elevation angle on the → side of custom pcb dwm3000evb, MAYBE I CAN SAY , MAKE IPHONE11 AS TAG

1. **in order to get 3D AOA and azimuth and elevation angle on the side of pcb dwm3000evb as shown photo below on the iphone11 side , but i want to get it (angular measurement ) on the pcb dwm3000evb SIDE , not on the iphone11 as photo below , does i theoretically have to use 3 uwb antennas on / attach to the pcb dwm3000 ,right ?? :thinking: if 2 antennas , i can get only 2 D AOA right ? so i have to use 3 antennas to get 3D AOA , right ?

2.where is the code library ,API to support 3 antennas?? :face_with_monocle: Qorvo, decawave provide it ?? :thinking:, where is the code library ,API to support 3 antennas?? in the DWS3000 API Software and API Guide ?? :face_with_monocle: :thinking: i could not find it :pleading_face: :disappointed_relieved: :face_with_monocle: where is it ?? :thinking:

please let me know :pleading_face: