How to calculate the POLL_RX_TO_RESP_TX_DLY_UUS, RESP_TX_TO_FINAL_RX_DLY_UUS, FINAL_RX_TIMEOUT_UUS

Dear Quovo supporter,

I am using DWM3000 for my demo, and using your SDK, application ds_twr_sts_sdc, but I use other chip RT500 instead of STM32, could you provide me method to calculate the parameter: POLL_RX_TO_RESP_TX_DLY_UUS, RESP_TX_TO_FINAL_RX_DLY_UUS, FINAL_RX_TIMEOUT_UUS,…

Best regards,
Nhan Nguyen

Hi @nhnhanfs ,

You have to check these timings with a scope to have the right value, then you can tune the value for each timing.

Regards
Celine

Those times are the time that the system will wait for between messages. The values need to be large enough to allow for your processing time plus the radio transmission times of the packets but beyond that the value isn’t critical. Making them larger than needed reduces your maximum throughput and will increase power consumption but doesn’t stop the system from working.
Generally the radio transmission time (packet size and data length) and the SPI bus speed will be the biggest factors in setting how low you can make these.

Probing the board can give you a rough indication of how long things are taking but can’t give you everything.
Assuming you haven’t made the packet 5 times the size or dropped the SPI speed to something really slow then the simple solution is to double all the times. Once you get everything working see how far you can drop each of them in turn before things start to break and then make them a little larger to give some safety margin.