Gateway on Raspberry Pi Zero W

Hi,

We are currently having issues getting raspberry pi 3 boards (out of stock - difficult to find) and thought of changing the gateway to Raspberry Pi zero W. Unfortunately the current image provided does not boot on raspberry pi zero W.

We understand that you do not provide the source codes for the dwm1001 daemons. Is it possible to get an image that can be successfully booted on raspberry Pi zero W?

regards,
Mewantha

Hi @mewanthak
it’s a interesting idea. From my point of view (I didn’t tested it, I don’t have a RPI zero) it might be a doable with some minimal image. There is no ETH interface that will corrupt the timing but the Wi-Fi might be able to do it.

As you have mentioned the current image does not work with RPi zero but maybe if you successfully boot some image you can just copy & paste files from RPi regular image. The biggest issue will be the kernel module which is built against some kernel version try to copy /lib/modules/4.14.50-v7+/dwm.ko to RPi zero and then run “depmod -a”, " echo dwm >> /etc/modules" reboot the system and then check if the module is loaded or not (lsmod). Dont forgot to enable the SPI interface first via “sudo raspi-config” otherwise the module will be not loaded anyway.

Cheers
JK

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out? The shortage of Pi’s is only getting worse.

1 Like

Hi @asmi242
nope, I dint tested it.

Cheers
JK