Gateway mqtt messages reliability

I have a reliability problem with anchor and tags status messages (/uplink/status).

In the tests I’m doing with the gateway, I can observe that although all devices are connected to power and there is good visibility between devices, in many cases, I get messages of the type “present”: false. After a while, messages of the type “present”: true reappear.

These ‘device errors’ are random and sometimes the system remains stable for hours. Any idea why it’s happening?

Hi,

when correctly set PANS should provide reliable >99% reception rate. We have been testing it for weeks and did not see any issues.

Have you received the changes in present for the Anchor or for the Tag? Is the Gateway in range with those nodes?

Can you please provide the setup of your system? How many Anchors, Tags, Gateway, node settings, perhaps some floor-plan would help.

Cheers,
TDK

Hi,

I’m using a 6 x 5 meter room. In each corner I have installed an anchor. In one of the sides of the room are placed a listener, a gateway and a tag. I’ve done tests with different frequency settings in the tag and the results are the same. The room only contains a table and chairs

I have detected the changes to ‘present:false’ both in anchors and in the tag

Cheers.

Hi,

when the issue happen, can you see the same issue on the listener and the gateway?
I.e. the anchor/tag does not appear on the listener (observed via the Android App or via listener’s shell).

Are the modules placed very close to the wall? Would it improve if you move the gateway closer to the center?

When the issue occurs can you see the LED blinking somehow strangely on the nodes which got ‘present:false’?

Cheers,
TDK