DWM3000EVB Raw CIR Capture Issues

1. I also believe I should be able to read all of the values to memory at once, but even without any mathematical operation or printing values, I still have the issue. If read the entire CIR at once, and print just a few numbers afterwards, I can observe that the values are all zeros. Maybe I have an issue with the MCU, I’ll try to reinstall the SDK/drivers.

2. I believe so. I have written a separate parser (runs offline on my desktop after receiving hexadecimal representation of the bits) to convert the 8-bit numbers into a 32-bit representation, and then process it as signed 32-bit numbers, with appropriate operations -similar to the sample code as well-. I have made some basic tests, it was working as expected.

3. Peak location is actually correct (from dwt_readdiagnostics fnc), I have checked the location of the peak, it was around 740. As I was not able to read the entire CIR, I only read nearby bins, and plotted them in the figures. Last figure reads 60 bins before the peak (which is again around 740), and another 240 bins. The CIR Tap/bins should have been from 680 to 968. (likewise for fig 3,). But in terms of the CIR shape (as in the first figure), it does not make sense, as you noted. Also, I see that similar pattern, no matter how I read, like some values seem to get corrupted after a while. -or maybe something else is happening-.

Also, I put the wrong link in the previous post, I was supposed to share the following:

Many thanks