DWM1004c accelerometer

Hello, it is not really clear what the accelerometer (LIS3DH) is doing on the DWM1004c. Can someone explain? Explanaitions in terms of the firmware and specific files and functions would be especially appreciated. The datasheet and firmware sheet don’t really explain it. Thank you!

I figured out that it is not actually doing anything, however the I2C framework is there. Just took some figuring out how to use it.

I think it’s mainly intended so that it can be used as a simple means of detecting motion. There is no need to power up the UWB and calculate your new position if you know you haven’t moved.

Okay that sounds like a nice feature to include. Maybe I will also add that. Is that an interrupt feature that can be easily configured?

From the datasheet:
“The device may be configured to generate interrupt signals using two independent inertial wake-up/free-fall events as well as by the position of the device itself. Thresholds and timing of interrupt generators are programmable by the end user on the fly”

I’ve not used it on the DWM1004 so I’m not sure exactly it’s hooked up but assuming they connected the interrupt line it should be fairly simple to configure.

Oh okay, yes they did, so it is the wake-up/free fall interrupt that does it. I could not figure out what was meant by that. Thanks for clarifying.