Dwm1002 & dwm1003 Queries

Hi,

Will like to ask what are the requirements for the power supply for these dwm1002 and dwm1003.

Additionally, may I ask if I wish to output the information from dwm1002 to a microcomputer, will the outputs be the x&y location of the tag, wrt the node, just as displayed in the pc gui? And how can I do this?

Thanks,
Kai Yi

Hi Kai,

1. The boards can be powered from either 5V or single cell LiPol battery. The current consumption is 150mA. Pins 2 and 4 from RPi connector can be used to power the board (see DWM1002-Dev schematics).
  2. By default the Node outputs data to USB. To switch to UART execute the command UART 1, after that SAVE command to save the new settings to NV memory.
    UART is connected to both JLink onboard debugger IC and J10 Raspberry Pi connector, so you can test UART through this JLink.
    To avoid interference and conflicts between JLink and an extarnal device on J10 you need to desolder J14 and J15 jumpers.

This is the sample output line captured on UART:
JS006C{“TWR”: {“a16”:“C4AC”,“R”:55,“T”:20141,“D”:17,“P”:145,“Xcm”:15,“Ycm”:7,“O”:339,“V”:49152,“X”:0,“Y”:0,“Z”:0}}

X and Y are the same coordinates you can see in the PC GUI App.

Hi Alec,

Thanks for the response.

My work requires information about the altitude. However, the beta Pdoa kit is unable to do so now since it is limited by 2 antennas in the node.

Could I ask, if I still wanted to achieve my intention,

1. Is there any form of software support in which I could control what type of message is being sent over the UWB communication. Ie if I am able to attain the altitude information onto 1 node, is it possible to send it over via UWB to the other node?
  2. Is there any way I could physically modify the set up such that I am able to overcome the limitation of just getting the azimuth angle, but also get the elevation angle?

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Kai

Hi,

May I enquire if I am able to alter the refresh rate between the node and tag? Currently it is at 10Hz but based on documentation, it seems to be possible to alter this parameter by altering the superframe period but may I check how I may do this?

Thanks

Hi,

Basiclally the number of tags can be reduced to increase the single tag update rate. Currently there are 10 slots for 9 tags (slot #0 is reserved).
You need to adjust DEFAULT_NUM_SLOTS macro as well as MAX_KNOWN_TAG_LIST_SIZE and MAX_DISCOVERED_TAG_LIST_SIZE macros.

Decreasing of the slot period (10ms default) is another approach. I doubt it can be lower than 5ms because of possible ranging starting time inaccuracy and the total time required for completeng two way ranging and calculating the results.
DEFAULT_SLOT_PERIOD_MS and DEFAULT_SF_PERIOD_MS should be consistent.

Thanks for the reply.

May I also check how I may reset the node to its original firmware?

There is a folder ARM_hex in the package which contains the original binaries for the node and the tag.
Just program them using Segger J-Flash Lite tool. This will reset all the settings to the default, including the tag’s list - you need to join your tags after programming.

Hi alec, I am trying to flash the arm_hex folder onto the node as you advised. Unfortunately, the node doesnt seem to be working even after the reflash. I am thinking if this is because I did not choose the correct target device in J-Flash Lite. May I check for the node, what should the correct target device be?

Specifically, I am unable to open the pc gui due to the error of not being able to connect to com port. However, from my device manager, the serial port is found (com9). The led lights also seem to working fine (D8-orange,D7-green, D11-blinking yellow, D20-blinking red).

Hi Alec,

I am very new to system, Can you guide how to use the phase information? because sometimes the phase information is in degrees doesn’t fit the formula given in Decawave paper. I tried to convert it into radians but still at some point it exceeds the radian limit.

can you guide how to over come this problem.

1. should I map the phase difference from -90 to 0 to 90 before apply the equation or should I also substract the offset from the GUI as well then use this equation. I am little bit confuse in this matter.

2. How to obtain CIR information, if you can point out some links.

thank you