DWM1001C maximum operating voltage

Hallo,

according to the datasheet the maximum recommended operating voltage for DWM1001 is 3.6V, and the absolute maximum rating is 3.9V. My question is: long term operation on the maximum 3.6V may damage the device, or it is o.k. for it?

Background: the characteristics of normal alkaline AA batteries do not suitable for DWM1001 using 2xAA as a power supply. Energizer L91 (Ultimate Lithium) do, at low discharge current it will be from 1.8V to cca 1.5V, this will result in a 3.6 to 3.0V supply voltage.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @btprg
I think that nobody is going to give you an answer. However the datasheet says that Normal operation is between 2.8V and 3.6V so 3.6 might be OK even for longer operation.

I checked the Energizer L91 pulse response and it can go over the 1.8V so be careful.

See the comment for Absolute Maximum ratings:
Stresses beyond those listed in this table may cause permanent damage to the device. This is a stress rating only; functional operation of the device at these or any other conditions beyond those indicated in the operating conditions of the specification is not implied. Exposure to the absolute maximum rating conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability.

Cheers
JK