DWM1001 with ESP32-S3 (esp-idf)

Hi
Does anyone know is there is a version of the TWR code ported to esp-idf? I have the Arduino version running but would like to develop the code in native esp-idf framework.

Thanks

Isn’t Arduino ESP32 just a wrapper on top of esp-idf ?
I’d imagine you could take the arduino libraries and port them across fairly easily.

I just ported the DW3000 driver to ESP-IDF. While it’s not intended to be open-sourced I can give you some advices/things I’ve found :

• You are now fighting with freeRTOS’ preemptive task handling. Chances that your code doesn’t work as intended are great. You have to follow these simple rules:
    • Use interrupts if possible. If not make it possible.
    • Follow this method to make sure your SPI transactions will run smoothly.
    • Use polling SPI transactions.

This way you’ll be able to keep POLL_RX_TO_RESP_TX_DLY_UUS pretty low (around 550~600 if used w/ wifi, 450 w/out but on DW3000 it may differ).

• Beware of too high SPI transfer rate. I don’t know about the DW1000 but I can’t make the SPI bus run faster than 33MHz with the DW3000. It’s said to work at 38MHz but it won’t.
  • Pin all task related to SPI to core 0. On core 1 there’s some overhead making it unusable.
  • If you use wifi pin wifi task to core 1 (in menu config) or you’ll suffer bad performances and lost packets.
  • There’s no need to raise the tick rate above 100Hz for this purpose only. But you can still do f you need to.
  • I still didn’t bother to optimize SPI transactions w/ DMA so you can save it for later. It will work event if you don’t align data correctly to work w/ DMA.
  • Make sure you know your way around tasks, queue and concurrency in general.

Good luck !

If you means PANS v2 ported to ESP32, yes, we do.
It’s not open source though.

Can I purchase a license to use it?