DWM1001 PANS Release 2

Thanks for the reply.
What example are you referring to?
Can you give me the name of the file?

It seems like there is no plan to do so?

1 Like

Hi
I am facing the same problem. I have tried to remove ā€˜*ā€™ from the command but still I get the same error. As soon as I build dwm_simple, it deletes the .o file and i get the error. Please help.

Regards

Bilal

Bonjour Monsieur Yves,
Jā€™aurais une question Ć  vous poser, actuellement jā€™Ć©tudie les modules DWM1001-Dev, jā€™ai suivi le document constructeur ā€œFirmware User Guideā€ et je suis bloquer Ć  lā€™Ć©tape communication UART. Jā€™ai actuellement trois modules et je souhaiterais obtenir les coordonnĆ©es sur un seul axe (axe x). Pouriez-vous mā€™aidez sā€™il vous plaĆ®t? Auriez-vous une adresse mail ?

@Yves_Bernard_Qorvo

You mentioned an example in response to @Rome89.
Which example did you refer to?

Hi Christian,

The example is dwm-range-iot.

Yves

Hello,

I was working around with the per-compiled leaps firmware for the DWM1001. I am able to build up anchor nodes and an initiator. But when build a tag node i am able to do ranging with 4 anchor nodes but even though i have enabled the localization engine in tag. It is showing up position N/A.

I have set the positions of the anchor beforehand and are all set at ACTIVE MODE. I am using DWM-simple example. Can you please help me out with the problem.

I am attaching a screenshot for your reference. This is the output from the TAG node.

@Kenneth_Dwyer_DW @Yves_Bernard_Qorvo @leapslabs.
Hi all.
There are some posts referring to the lack of stock of Raspberry Pi 3B, the problems when in a RP the kernel getā€™s upgraded, and there is no answer.

Will be maintennance of PANS software or we need to re-think the gateway solution?

What about PANS on the tagā€™s/anchorā€™s?

Thanks.
Ramiro

Hi,

I recently bought 4 dwm1001-dev boards (on May 2020) but the manufacturing year put on the boards was 2018. Is there any way to check if my boards have the latest release of the PANS software?

Thanks

I would be surprised if you do not have R2.

Firstly does the module have a label with ā€˜Model: DWM1001Cā€™ on it?

Connect a USB cable and open a terminal window, you should see the following, this is PANS R2:

1 Like

It does not have the C model (which is a good thing right?).
Also, thank you for your reply. Iā€™ll use TeraTerm to see if Iā€™m getting the same result.

I had one more question. Iā€™m unfamiliar with the gateway system but I was wondering if Iā€™d be able to access the position data (and other tag/anchor information) on the same raspberry pi that I am also using as my gateway? The data sheet seems to suggest that the data can only be viewed through the gateway clients on a separate pc.

Hi,

The ā€˜Cā€™ parts indicates the part is factory calibrated and certified.
It is really easy to reprogramme the DWM1001-DEV with Segger J-Flash-Lite tool and the latest HEX/Binary file.

Thanks,
Ken

Hello and thank you for replying our questions. Here is the position obtained but the tag is stationary, why distance and position keep changing while I placed anchor and tag stationary?

Hello
I am working with the same project, There is codes here I saw written by Bryan, it gives position on the raspberry pi although I saw its same using LEC command

Hi, Iā€™m found this message on this forum ā€œThere is Release 2 which will give UWB network capability, so the tag will be able to send the location to nearby routing anchors and then they will forward it to gateways and onto the cloud etc.ā€

But I didnā€™t find this feature in Release 2 documents, is this feature work Relase 2 ?

Hi,
PANS2.0 is released for some time.
It should be all here: https://www.decawave.com/product/dwm1001-module and in the download. Also see the ā€˜Gatewayā€™ document

Check this out https://mavenwit.com/

Hiļ¼ŒI am now using DWM1001C module and Firmware_Image"DWM1001_PANS_R2.0.hex" it works well, so I want separate DWM1001C use NRF52832 and IC-DW1000, I want add PA and LNAļ¼Œbetween the antenna and the DW1000
I found in ā€œAPS004_Increasing-the-Range-of-DW1000-Using-LNA_v1.6ā€ and ā€œAPS009_Operating-the-DW1000-under-LAES-regulations_v1.4ā€ ,when use PA and LNA,some GPIO and some Register must be use to control the DW1000
So how can I use DWM1001_PANS_R2.0-API to control it?
Thanks a lot

Peter Sun

Hi Ken,

I did not quite understand your comment ā€œConnect a USB cableā€¦ā€

What is the expected baud rate, etc?

I connect to the board on mac via CoolTerm, but no output?

Regards,

Rasit