DWM1001 Now FCC, IC and CE Certified!

Any chance you could provide some detailed information for implementing such a routine in a custom firmware?

Very happy to hear about the giant step forward.
One question re the Canadian certification under RSS-220 - was it certified as an Indoor product or a Hand-held product? There have been issues in the past over the 10-second ACK protocol stipulated for Hand-held products and just wondering if thatā€™s been dealt with, or even relevant at this point. I know thatā€™s not an issue under FCC 15.250 but seems to remain in Canada, at least for Hand-held units.
Thank you

Hi,

The PANS firmware is compliant to the 10 second rule. In PANS the Tag does not continue to transmit if there is no response from the Anchor. It would seek a new Anchor and data slot in that case by passive/listening at specific times, so does not continue to transmit.

Thanks,
Ken

Hi, how are you?
I would like ask you about the certification process. Especially about how to know if my Decawave UWB based product should need a full certification or not. Is there a rule for decide it?
Thanks!

Hi
Is your product DW1000, DWM1000 or DWM1001 based? And if its DWM1001 based, would you have modified the code?
Anyways, have a look at the production app attached, it will you give an idea what to do

Regards,
Leo

APS012_DW1000_ProductionTests.pdf (487.5 KB)

Hi DecaLeo. We are in the first steps of the developing. I have no confirmation yet about with which DW will be based our product. My question was directed on FCC certification general rules. We would like to know what actions will be causal of a recertification process.
We are reading about this but if you can help, better!

Hi Juan
There is information on FCC in this forum , see FCC regulation on UWB - #2 by Kenneth_Dwyer_DW
In addition, please have a look at the Appnote attached,
APR002 Certification Guide USA.pdf (1.4 MB)
Regards
Leo

Short version:
If you use the DWM1001 running the decawave supplied firmware without any changes then you donā€™t need to re-certify.
Any changes to the hardware or firmware and you will need to recertify.

Hi Decawave

Iā€™m using the DWM1001C with regular settings: Channel 5, 6.8Mbps, Preamble length 128, PRF 64MHz as per certification settings.

Iā€™d like to know what the actual TX power register (0x1E) value setting is to be compliant/certified? It appears that Smart TX power is enabled by default, and so, for this mode of operation, the datasheet seems to suggest that to be compliant, the power should be set to 16dB (BOOSTNORM) with a 6dB boost (BOOST250) = 22dB total? Is this correct? So Tx power level register (0x1E) = 0x0E080222 to be/stay certified?

Thanks

Hi Designator,

The compliant Tx power value is stored in the OTP memory of the DWM1001C. This value is compatible with smartTx power mode.

In order to ensure you are compliant, you should use the Tx power register setting stored in the OTP.

Hope it helps,
Yves

InformaciĆ³n interesante!

Traducciones legales

Hello.
We are developing a product with a DWM1001C certified product.
There are some data available in term of Human body EMF exposure?
Is the transmission less than 20mW in any case?
This is a requirement of the RED directive but is not quoted in your Declaration of Conformity.
Thank you.