DWM1001-DEV doesn't UART from Mac

I have a DWM1001-DEV and have successfully interfaced with it through VM Linux on Windows. I can see /dev/ttyACM0 in the /dev/ dir and can use mincom to open a basic shell session to the device.

On a Mac, I installed the Segger software and I can see the device appear under /dev/ but it is has a generic name (/dev/tty.usbmodem1421). I was able to both erase and program the recovery file on the Mac with the JFlashLite (and I see the LEDs on the DWM1001-DEV blink in response), but if I attempt to open a shell session from the Mac via “screen /dev/tty.usbmodem1421” I just get a blank shell session. I don’t get the “welcome” message or the “dwm>” prompt.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would love to work from a Mac is possible and it seems to be very close since JFlashLite apparently works.

Thanks.
[hr]

Actually, I just got this to work by installing minicom for Mac. I considered deleting this post and thread, but instead I thought I’d leave it here if anyone else ever searches for it in the forum archives. If you want to interact with the DWM1001-DEV from a Mac, I don’t know if screen will work, but the third-party installable minicom program seems to work fine (which is still installed as a command-line tool run through the Terminal app).

Cheers!

1 Like

Additional update. I got it to work via "screen tty.usbmodem1421 115200", so if one is inclined to avoid needless third party programs (minicom) it does appear to work with screen just fine.

1 Like

got it, thanks