Dwm1001 dev board not connecting to raspberry pi

I was trying to connect the dwm 1001c dev board to raspberry-pi uart using usb , the device does not respond even after multiple tries .Could I please confirm the correct way/steps of connection ?

1 Like

Hi @pranali0129
is your device programmed? Can you see the device in Android manager or can you see some LEDs blinking?

Cheers
JK

1 Like

Thankyou so much for your reply , yes it was working perfectly fine with the android application , the LED’s were blinking , i even tried re-flashing it with the j-flash lite , but it still wouldn’t show up , i could only reach the welcome to minicom part , but the part that shows dwm rtls thing is missing and it does not let me type anything in that window.

Hi @pranali0129
by default there is running binary API - when you type something in the minicom then you should see some weird response - typically you should see @ as a response. If you wan to enter into the shell mode you need to hit Enter twice (fast). You also need to set serial speed to 115200 Bd 8 bits 1 stop no parity.

Cheers
JK

2 Likes

Hi , really appreciate your quick response , strangely my minicom screen doesn’t allow me to type anything , the only command that work are the ctrl + A/Z , the listed parameters are correctly set , even after a zillion tries it still somehow fails to enter the shell mode , ( i did hit the enter button twice real fast) .

Hi @pranali0129
try to run it with sudo (root) - you might not have rights to write to serial port.

Cheers
JK

2 Likes

Hi @pranali0129 !

Maybe is worth testing your setup before connecting to the DWM1001C. You can try a loopback test, shortening UART TX and RX (pins 8 and 10 in RPi GPIO Header), and then using the command:
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyS0
Everything you type must be echoed (please make sure that “echo” is disabled on minicom).

Best regards!

1 Like