DWM1000 Ranging problem (Calibration?)

Hello everyone, this is my first post.
Apologizes if the same problem has been posted before.(I haven’t search for similar problem.) Orz

I recently try to integrate DWM1000 module into my PCB board (Cortex M0), but I met some problem about the ranging.

I want to implement the ranging method as this picture
(The [color=#ff3333]red [/color]and [color=#3333ff]blue [/color]number shows the timestamp I collect from Device A and Device B)

The distance I calculate is 153.88 meters, but the actual distance is between 1 meter ~ 2 meters.
The formula I use is as the picture above.
After I collect all timeStamp I need, I could calculate the T_prop.
And I transfer the T_prop to distance(meter) by multiply the 0.0046917639786159f.
I think the problem is occurred from the timeStamp I collect.
(I have checked the calculation process in “each timeStamp->T_prop” and “T_prop->Distance”. )

I posted some picture about part of my code, and add my source code.
If anyone can solve my problem, I really appreciate!!

This picture shows the configuration(After device name) and the communication ([color=#3333ff]As [Anchor] role!![/color]):

This picture shows my main function([color=#3333ff]As [Anchor] role!![/color]):

This picture shows the DWM1000_Initialization([color=#3333ff]As [Anchor] role!![/color]):

This picture shows rxcallback function ([color=#3333ff]As [Anchor] role!![/color]):

This picture shows txcallback function ([color=#3333ff]As [Anchor] role!![/color]):

Source code link (Google drive):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ir3EwEmkRD6g-cdq_GLqNSOCE0kpIRjF/view?usp=sharing

Really appreciate your assistance and patience again.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jacky Su

What values do you use for TX/RX antenna delays?

Hello, i have a similar problem. I checked your code and i could notice that you are using an old version of the api.

I keep waiting for an update of this topic too.

Thanks

Hello, I didn’t set the value for TX/RX antenna delays.
I think the value is default (no delays).
Thank you! :slight_smile:
[hr]

Hello, thank you for informing me the api I used is old version.
I will check this part.
Hope we can figure out this problem ASAP.

Hi, Jacky

After reading your problem, antenna delay must be set. It’s not be zero.

You can use the dwt_setrxantennadelay(n) and dwt_settxantennadelay(n) API to set antenna delay, the variable n is about 16418.744

I hope it helps you.

Hi, Jacky.

After reading your problem, you must be set antenna delay to make timestamp correct.

You can use api dwt_settxantennadelay(uint16 n) and dwt_setrxantennadelay(uint16 n) to set delays, the variable is about 16418.744.

I hope it helps you.

Thank you very much!
After adopt your advice, the problem is figured.