DWM 1001 DEV do not respond

Hello everyone, as part of a final year project, we purchased a DWM1001 DEV kit in march 2023 to perform geolocation for a robot control. We carefully configured the modules as explained in the documentation. (4 as anchors, 1 as tag) The modules were recognised by the application and it worked between 2 and 3 hours. It was lunchtime, so we turned everything off. When we turned the power back on, the modules could no longer be detected. The green LED no longer lights up on two of the 4 modules tested, and we have a permanent red flashing on both. Since then, no way to recognize the 4 anchors nor the tag in the application. Can you help us to find any solution? Thank you in advance to your community. Kind regards, Michel

Hi @Mykeldel
there are multiple red LEDs could you specify which one?

Could you connect to the DWM1001-DEV via USB cable and post me here the output of the si command?

Cheers
JK

Dear JK, Thank you veru much for your fast response. red Led blinking is D20. What do you mean with " si command " ? Kind regards, Have a nice week end. Michel
D20

Hi @Mykeldel
each module can also communicate over a serial line (USB for the DWM1001-DEV). So plug it into your PC and use some program for serial port communication (I prefer to use putty). The communication parameters are: 115200, 8 bits 1 stop bit, no parity, no handshake.

After module power up there is running binary API over the UART and you need to switch it to the shell (human interface) For that you need to hit enter twice (within one sec) and you should see the welcome message from the module - now you have entered into the shell. When you hit the enter slowly then you will see some character like “@” as a response to you typing - this mean that you are still in the Binary API mode.

Once you are in the shell mode then type “si” and enter and send me back the output of the command.

FYI: the shell cannot do backspace so it you type it wrong just press Ctrl+C and type it again.

Cheers
JK

Dear JK, Thank you very much for your help. Kind regards, Michel