DW1000 receiving multiple responses for single pin

Hi,

I am trying to receive multiple responses for single transmit.

Basically I am keeping multiple anchors and a single tag is broadcasting a message. All anchors are receiving it. Now from the tag side,
I am receiving only one response, then I am forced to restart the rx again. By the time the response from other anchors are missed.

I can independently address each anchor and get response to calculate individual distance using round trip time. But in this case I need to do multiple RF activity on air. Instead I am trying to do a single ping to all anchors and waiting for response from each anchor. But I am not sure how I will receive multiple data without again restarting the rx according to the simple ranging example.

I am using multiple DWM1000 modules. (5 modules). I don’t have any other hardware dev kit like trek1000 etc.

Thanks.

You are correct. The DW1000 can only receive one frame/message at a time. You need to delay the responses from the anchors so that the tag has enough time to receive response and then re-enable the receiver before the next frame is scheduled to arrive.

Note: this is how TREK 1000 works … one poll, up to 4 responses and then a single final message.

Hi Zoran,

That means 4 anchors should have 4 different delayed TX timing, say 300uS, 400uS, 500uS, 600uS or what ever the closest value the tag can receive by considering the time required to save the data and re-enable the receiver.

Am I right?

yes, exactly, the tag frame reception processing, and RX re-enabling time will depend on the tag MCU speed, SPI rate, interrupt latency etc.

Z

Hi,
by reducing suitably the RX buffer of tag, and by spacing anchors suitably it might be possible to achieve ranging even without make time scheduling for anchors?