DW1000 Clock Output

[color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi All,[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I would like to access the internal clock of the DW1000, which is possible according to the latest manual:[/font][/size][/color]
[list]
[]The V2.15 (latest) manual mentions that the System Clock can be output on GPIO 0 by setting MSGP0 to 10b (page 130).
[list]
[
]However, I can not find any other reference to this function in that manual.
[/list]
[]The V2.05 manual refers to the value of 10b as “Reserved. Do not select this value.” (page 123).
[/list][color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
I was able to measure a 62.4MHz square wave on this pin during my own test. [/font][/size][/color]
[color=#222222][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, given the lack of information in the manual I have the following questions:[/font][/size][/color]
[list=1]
[
]Is this a stable and accurate representation of the system clock?
[]Can I rely on this feature to clock other devices (I.E. This isn’t a test only feature)?
[
]Does enabling this feature have any side effects that I am not aware of?
[*]Is 62.4MHz (half system clock) the expected output on this pin, or have I misconfigured the DW1000?
[/list]

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

You have configured the DW1000 to output the system clock divided by two on GPIO0. Further information can be found in APS012, section 3.3.1.7. This discusses outputting the clock for the purposes of crystal calibration during production test. So this is very much an intended feature and it gives a stable and accurate clock for the purposes of crystal calibration. I haven’t heard of anyone trying to use it as a clock for another device in their system before, so I can’t comment on it’s reliability for that. What device is it that you want to clock?