DMW1001DEV on RASPERRY PI 3B+ without image, .... easy?

Hello, I would like to use my RASPBERRY PI 3B+ to manage my DMW1001 DEV kit but also to be able to view the results on a remote web page. I have chosen STREAMLIT for the creation of the web page with PYTHON, but to use this library, the OS of my RASPBERRY PI must be flashed in recent 64bit desktop version. To use the DMW1001DEV, the RASPBERRY must also be flashed. Question, is there (easily) a way to have the same functionality of the DMW1001DEV kit with my RASPBERRY PI without going through the flash? Than you in advance for any support. Mike

Hi @Mykeldel
im actually not sure what exactly is your problem.

But the delivered MDEK RPi image works fine only with RPI 3B. With RPI 3B+ it will not work OK if you use ethernet. And it is only 32bit and you must not update the kernel otherwise it would not work anymore.

Cheers
JK

Hi leapslabs,
My problem is just to use on a same Raspberry PI3B(+) simultaneously an MDEK only works (as you wrote) with a 32bits Kernel and Streamlit (to create my webpage) which only works with a 64 bits Kernel. I though that there was a possibility to get the same results on the Raspberry with a 64 bits Kernel without the use of the MDEK RPi image. Thank you very much if you see any option to help, Maybe it is necessary to go to a X86 structure instead of the ARM?
Best regards, Mykeldel

And thank you very much for your answer

Hi @Mykeldel
unfortunately for PANS there is no planned update…

The main problem is 3B+ and above is GBit Ethernet implementation where it spams tons of IRQs into the ARM core and the dwm.ko need precise timing and unfortunately that is not possible any more.

Cheers
JK