Decawave UWB with turn-by-turn navigation on Android

Hello,
We are evaluating a potential project opportunity and the need is a turn-by-turn navigation for indoor navigation on Android platform with the following details:-

1. Option to load an indoor map.
  2. Turn by turn navigation with shortest path from source PoI (Point of Interest) to Destination PoI markings on the loaded map.
  3. Arrows indicating directions.
  4. Distance to next turn.
  5. Prompts to user if he misses the path that needs to be traversed as per (2) above.
  6. Voice prompt (good to have).
    We had already purchased TREK1000 evaluation kit but it did not have the Android application. Now we have ordered MDEK1001 evaluation kit. But it seems to have Android app with just the location information under navigation. Can you help us to understand how the above can be enabled? Is there a solution already available from Decawave; Please let us know? Any open source libraries that we can integrate to build the above functionality and features? Please revert back.

Regards
Sandeep Suresh.

Hi Sandeep,

Based on your description, i guess “indoor navigation” is what you want, we do have customer are doing indoor navigation with our UWB, for the applicatin flow is could be:
1, Anchor deployed in the building
2, Small UWB tag attached with every android phone
3, Backhaul data via tcp/icp
4, Update the location information in real time
5, Solver send tag location data to android phone via socket

Jesen

Thanks Jesen for your response. We understand the deployment scenario that you have explained. My question is on the turn-by-turn navigation software as Android application (any any server/database for maps to upload etc). This application should have the intelligence to automatically generate the optimized route between 2 Points of Interest and track the user with instructions on directions, distance and prompts!!! This is as good as “Indoor Google maps”. I am looking at means of enabling this feature in existing Android application provided as part of MDEK1001 Kit using existing libraries.
Regards
Sandeep Suresh.