Custom Firmware for DW1000 on the DWM1001-DEV

Since the firmware that came with the DWM1001-DEV does not fit my needs, I need to write my own for the DWM1001 with custom messaging.

I have no prior knowledge of the DW1000 or DWM1000, but just downloaded the DW1000 API rev2 and looked through some examples.

Is it possible to transfer these to the DWM1001(-DEV)? I see some custom code blocks like “peripherals_init”, which obviously need to be rewritten for the NRF52, but is there any major issue that prevents me from doing so?

Before I start digging deeper I just want to know if it’s worth it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, Decawave plan to post a stand-alone Keil MDK project with TWI/Accelerometer/UART configured.
In addition an Initiator/Responder example from the DW1000 API examples.
Expect this to be delivered in the coming days.

Thanks,
Ken

That is great news!
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hi!
Is it possible to use the Eclipse dwm10001 on-board-package in combination witn nordic libraries? (peripherals init, timers configuration …)

Was this ever done?
I am interested in using DWM1001 hardware with the old deca-api stack already built into it to enable fast development (and simple processor porting for my host applications) of Initiator/response apps like the SSR.

ie. It would have all the dwt_devid, dwt_Reset() etc commands that I could call via the SPI from external processor.

1 Like